Bug? Hardware issue - IA switches getting "stuck"

Andrew Timothy

Inspired
I've had my MFC for about a week now. For the first few days everything was great, but the other day one of the IA switches seemed to get "stuck" after I stepped on it. When I stepped on it again, it released. I've had this problem with 2 of the switches so far. It's the same thing every time. Step once, I see that it hasn't released....I step on it again and everything is fine. Have any of you had this issue? I'm not comfortable using the MFC in a live setting with this issue.

I had a similar issue when I first got my MFC a month and a half ago. There is a post on this forum about this. What has worked for me is stepping on the button several times before using the MFC. Apparently the buttons get 'dirty' and are self-cleaning when you step on them. So repeatedly stepping on the button that is sticking will help clean it. Now that I have been doing this, I'd say every tenth or so time that I use the MFC the button will stick (it's always the same one). I usually just step like 5 times on it and it is good to go for the rest of the night. I know, not the most reassuring response, but it has definitely helped me, and I have full confidence in using my MFC live.

Andrew Timothy

I believe Stringer76 is talking about my response in the above link. Below is a portion of my email to FAS:

"MFC stopped "Down Scrolling: ...during performance. I am having an ongoing problem with the MFC whereby I can only scroll up thru the presets using the "UP" button. During this state, pressing the buttons #1thru5 will not make any changes..."

FAS Response:
"It sounds like the #1 button is stuck on the MFC. Try pressing it a dozen times or so to see if it clears. There may be a little dirt in it. The switch is self-cleaning and operating it repeatedly should clear the dirt."

I'm not sure that you have the same problem, but I haven't had a problem since then.

Back
Top Bottom