Hardware Issue? FW16.05 Importing Cabs Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I'm having the weirdest phenomenon happen with my Axe-FXIII.

Importing a variety of cab files I've owned over the years in syx format to bank 1 or bank 2 result in having cab files loaded with the cab name but no sound.

I import the same files into the Axe-FXII and they are fine.

I switched USB cables and reloaded FW16.05 and the problem is persistent.

Any user cab that is already loaded in the system from FW 16.04 or earlier is OK if I use those files in the same presets.

So the cause is not preset corruption.

Rolling back to 16.04 did not solve this issue either.

Any ideas of what might be the culprit here?

Last edited:
I faced the same problem when I tried to import very old cabs to AX8(same on AF3). It seems that cabs from very old firmware have a different format and do not work on new firmware as it supposes to.

If your cabs work fine on your AF2 then you can try to import it into the *.wav files and then load it into the AF3

I tried reconverting from wave to syx using the latest CabLab.

Same issue.

These same files worked in the same unit last week.

Could something need to be reseated internally?

Just tried it here with 16.05 and the latest version of Cab-Lab 3 Lite and everything is working fine. Double-check all your settings.

@dr bonkers would you be able to send me one of your files to try?
Also, when you wrote the first post, were you using Manage Cabs in Axe-Edit?

I had something similar come up when my FM3 arrived.

Imported known good files (.syx, wav and commercial IR’s directly from Fractal) using Manage Cabs and had a random selection (maybe 4 out of 10) look like they had processed but they actually hadn’t.

Went through a long, long, long list of troubleshooting and systematic isolation including erasing the Mac and restoring the FM3.

My AXE-FX III was fine and hadn’t shown this issue using the same Mac for 2 years.

Using a USB hub was suggested and this seemed to solve the issue with the FM3 but introduced it into being present with the AXE-FX III.

I now have the FM3 connected via the hub and AXE-FX III directly, but still intermittently have issues.

If you “refresh after new FW” are all the cabs actually saved? I remember one moment before I figured out they were randomly not saving where I could see the name but no sound like you said.

Last edited:
@dr bonkers would you be able to send me one of your files to try?
Also, when you wrote the first post, were you using Manage Cabs in Axe-Edit?

I used Manage Cabs in Axe Edit.

I just emailed you a couple of otherwise known good cabs that don't work anymore in the 3 but still work in the 2.

I had something similar come up when my FM3 arrived.

Imported known good files (.syx, wav and commercial IR’s directly from Fractal) using Manage Cabs and had a random selection (maybe 4 out of 10) look like they had processed but they actually hadn’t.

Went through a long, long, long list of troubleshooting and systematic isolation including erasing the Mac and restoring the FM3.

My AXE-FX III was fine and hadn’t shown this issue using the same Mac for 2 years.

Using a USB hub was suggested and this seemed to solve the issue with the FM3 but introduced it into being present with the AXE-FX III.

I now have the FM3 connected via the hub and AXE-FX III directly, but still intermittently have issues.

If you “refresh after new FW” are all the cabs actually saved?
I refreshed after FW and the cab titles are there with no sound.

Are you using a powered or passive USB hub?

I used Manage Cabs in Axe Edit.

I just emailed you a couple of otherwise known good cabs that don't work anymore in the 3 but still work in the 2.

I refreshed after FW and the cab titles are there with no sound.

Are you using a powered or passive USB hub?
Fascinating. I have a powered usb hub but am able to use it without the power adapter as a work around.

Hi Mike. I tried your file and it is working fine here using drag and drop in "Manage Cabs".
I'll send you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom