Hard to watch a pet in pain

My gorgeous 12 year old furry friend passed away today.......... hurts soooooo much

Really -Sorry. I’m not looking forward to those days again.
@Fro , I had over $10,000 into a $300 boxer , years ago. Hips , shoulder , etc. Pretty tough not to try to help them. I’d do it all over if he were still alive.

132FDDD0-6D24-406A-B313-DDEE79FF0BF8.jpeg House-Cow is feeling better.

You guys are making me miss my animal “kids” I’ve lost in the past. If it didn’t hurt when you lost one , then they didn’t mean much when they were alive. You can’t have it both ways. I’ve always said anything worth having - was worth losing.

Pets are a gift from god , if there ever was one. They are all unique in their own way. I had a Yorkie once , I taught to fall on his side ( dead fall ) , and lay there motionless for minutes , after I pointed my “finger-gun” at him and shouted BANG. Lol. Best dog trick ever. He learned it within 20 minutes. Willie. Lymphoma got him at age 11. I relive the ride to the vets to have him put down over and over. He stood all night , the night before cause he couldn’t breath when sitting. Yah. Geesh. Sorry guys. I did everything I could. Sucks. Sad to lose them. I give my pets the best life I can. A lot of pets don’t get treated any where near close. They are family. They are my kids.
The fact that they can’t talk is also a gift. They listen to all of our problems instead , and never complain.

If you lose your “buddy” , and your lifestyle will allow , do yourself a favor and get another animal - a new best friend for them , that will love them and look out for them. I’ve told my wife before , well , we did everything thing we could , to give them the best life we could. No regrets.
I salute my fellow pet owners.

How have you dealt with the pain/stress? If something happens to my dog, I swear I'm going to die.

I've always had more than one pet, so the other ones were there to comfort me. The hardest time was when I lost 2 dogs within 2 months and I didn't have a dog. I said I'd never get a dog again bc it was so painful losing one but I ended up adopting a dog within 2 months and now I have 4 dogs. I know it's horrible to say I have a favorite dog but one of my current dogs is my favorite I've ever had. I'll probably end up in a mental ward when she dies.

How have you dealt with the pain/stress? If something happens to my dog, I swear I'm going to die.
Its been a very difficult 5 days since my dog died, I'm very fortunate still to have both my parents and have never really suffered true loss. I'm not sure I can feel any worse than I do just now, not really sure if I am coping with the pain and stress, just trying to remember the good times which there were many. Feel very lucky to have spend 12 years with her in our lives.

I got my Axe-Fx III yesterday and was all excited to come home today to play it after work but instead came home to a sick cat. His name is Stinky and we rushed him to a local Vet Urgent Care. They injected him with fluids and took some tests that came out normal for his age. They gave him some pain meds and now he's purring loud and looks like he's trippin balls haha. When we got home he ate most of his food which is good because he wouldn't eat anything today. I really hope he's going to be ok :(

I got my Axe-Fx III yesterday and was all excited to come home today to play it after work but instead came home to a sick cat. His name is Stinky and we rushed him to a local Vet Urgent Care. They injected him with fluids and took some tests that came out normal for his age. They gave him some pain meds and now he's purring loud and looks like he's trippin balls haha. When we got home he ate most of his food which is good because he wouldn't eat anything today. I really hope he's going to be ok :(

Hope so. Good luck with stinky. We used to have a cat named Wormie.

Back
Top Bottom