Hard Mounting to Pedalboard

Yes, it's just that one side. Here is the reply from support I received "Those screws should be OK to use, however I would be very careful with the screw (Right Rear) as this one is very close to the Main Board & could cause damage if it does touch, as for the other 3 screws they should not be a problem."
wonder if it's worth using a nylon screw in that spot just to be safe

wonder if it's worth using a nylon screw in that spot just to be safe
Don't think that is necessary. The 16mm will go in and not touch the motherboard. Thats the only concern is the screw hitting the board...and it will with the 25mm. There is nothing else there...no wires, etc. Just the input jack soldered to the board.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread: Will those screws work for the EV1 as well? Looking for a clean way to mount it all to my Temple Audio board that avoids their proprietary plates.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread: Will those screws work for the EV1 as well? Looking for a clean way to mount it all to my Temple Audio board that avoids their proprietary plates.
They look to be the same threads but you would need much shorter ones and then grab some washers. Not sure of the length. Also one thing to note is that the ev1 and 2 aren’t perfect rectangle shapes. They taper a little so you may have issues finding holes to line up. Something to test as well. Sorry for all the Velcro hair lol.

Attachments

• 5A5C327F-F1B6-4B59-A4A9-00DD2A04FEFF.jpeg
    5A5C327F-F1B6-4B59-A4A9-00DD2A04FEFF.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 83
So just to make sure, the screw I need to mount it directly to pedalboard are 3.5-0.6 x 16mm? That's gonna be enough, and not gonna damage anything?

So just to make sure, the screw I need to mount it directly to pedalboard are 3.5-0.6 x 16mm? That's gonna be enough, and not gonna damage anything?
Yes, M3.5x0.6 16mm. Just enough to mount securely and avoid hitting the motherboard on the input jack side. I wouldn’t go any longer than 16mm.

Do this with stock screws. This is from my years-old post in the AX8 legacy sub-forum:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/removing-ax8-feet-for-velcro.110879/post-1330656

XfJ5Q9g.jpg

Back
Top Bottom