Hard copy manual V10

I had a minute at work, so I ran the old Axe manual pdf into the fedex site just to see what it would cost- I got one tab, and no other special options, and it was $127! Seriously? Did I do something wrong? Wow. I'm sticking with the pdf.
That's crazy ill just have to use the PDF so if you buy a new af2 do you get doc v1.0.2 and everything else is online?
I'm Gary and I'm an Axefx 2 user

I hope to finish the v10 manual next week. There are services where you can upload a PDF and they mail you the bound book.

Just a suggestion: It would be helpful and allow seamless printing if you could add the blank page after the cover page. I've printed out the last 2 revisions of the manual. However, I cannot just select "print double-sided" and go, because if I do everything will be off: the page numbers will be in the inside of the book rather than the outside. This is because in the PDF there is no blank page after the cover page. So I have to remember to print the pages starting at page 2. Then I come back and print just page 1.

I had a minute at work, so I ran the old Axe manual pdf into the fedex site just to see what it would cost- I got one tab, and no other special options, and it was $127! Seriously? Did I do something wrong? Wow. I'm sticking with the pdf.

Yeah, you must have something wrong. I never pay more than around $22.00

Make sure you switch the default color from 'Full Color' to 'Black'. Full Color adds about $110 to the cost.
icon_razz.gif

Last edited:
Just did a quick test (not sure why I downloaded the Ultra manual instead of the Axe II but it shouldn't affect the price).

96891942.png

I use my Smartphone to read the manual and use Evernote to write notes, tips and tricks, so I can access them where ever I have an Internet connection and they sync to all my computers.

Depends on what options you chose. Nowadays you can just plug your usb thumb drive into the printer, swipe your card and print the job yourself. Make sure to select B&W, 2 sided print. Then you can have them bind what prints. Can't imagine it's that much money, although it also depends on the binding you want. If you can settle for spiral bound that's gonna be a lot less expensive than the actual manual that came with the unit. Bear in mind that Fedex / Kinkos has to put enough mark up in those little services to actually turn a profit on them. And the mark up will have to be substantially higher than when a business (like Fractal) requests hundreds or thousands of copies.

Back
Top Bottom