Happy new Star Wars day!

Gonna wait! My boy is coming home from Navy A school South Carolina, passed the class with distinction! On his way to being an electricians mate, woot woot! going to take him to see it on the 29th.

The past must die... only real takeaway I got from it. they want to move forward which is ok I guess.

Kind of like guitarist's we refuse to let go of the past and move forward.

I agree the writing was weak but I enjoyed it. More importantly, my daughter loved it and we will probably see it again. My favorite part was Luke brushing off his shoulder.

I hated it when I saw it Thursday night. I went in with a lot of preconceived notions of what should happen and those got thrown out the window. SuperLeia in space ruined the rest of the movie after that for me. But, I went and saw it again Saturday morning with a more open mind and enjoyed it a lot more. But probably my least favorite in the series.

Haven't seen it yet....so SHOOOOOSH YOOOOUUUU! :)

Tried to get tickets for good seats at SMG for opening weekend, but they were all sold out. We'll wait a couple more weeks for the delirium to die down. =)

We're both huge fans, so I'm sure we'll like it just fine.

Honestly, the more I sit on it the more it sinks in how much i actually really liked it. Space Leia was still weird as hell but the general narrative and the way they handled it is making more and more sense to me. There's a lot of subtleties and they all add up to what the movie wants to say and do going forward. I can understand not liking it if you came in wanting and expecting the usual star wars faire, that's fine. But you can't say it wasn't a good movie if I'm still here 3 days later and things are still occurring to me and others, definitely need to see it again

This is what it seemed like to me:

Serious, dark, serious, serious, angry, whiny, serious, serious, [insert joke], serious, serious, dark, angry, dark, serious, [insert joke]...

Yet... 7/10 for me because the Snoke fight scene was EPIC.

Back
Top Bottom