Happy New Matrix Day! NL212 & GT1000FX

ta6rma

Inspired
Just picked up my early Xmas present to myself, a Matrix GT1000FX and the NL12 Neolight stereo cab to upgrade from the GM50 & Cornford 2x12 I was using.
The whole rig now weighs less than my previous 2x12 cab on its own.
Just tried at low volume and it sounded great. Looking forward to gigging with it over the weekend, just hope my 4U rack arrives in time!

IMG_4839.jpg IMG_4840.jpg

Nice! Have you tried it the cab with a normal tube amp? Interested how these cabs sound in that situation!

You rich guys wanna donate some moolah to a bedroom player? jk. shouldnt the axe be on the amp? Let us know how it is.

You rich guys wanna donate some moolah to a bedroom player? jk. shouldnt the axe be on the amp? Let us know how it is.
Yeah I'll rack it up with the Axe on top, just got the amp on top for now as it's about 4" shorter than the Axe

Nice! Have you tried it the cab with a normal tube amp? Interested how these cabs sound in that situation!

Not yet, I'll get my Bogner Shiva out over the holidays and give it a blast :)
LVC posted a nice clip of a Bandmaster head with NL12s

Last edited:
Just picked up my early Xmas present to myself, a Matrix GT1000FX and the NL12 Neolight stereo cab to upgrade from the GM50 & Cornford 2x12 I was using.
The whole rig now weighs less than my previous 2x12 cab on its own.
Just tried at low volume and it sounded great. Looking forward to gigging with it over the weekend, just hope my 4U rack arrives in time!

View attachment 18716 View attachment 18717

Happy Christmas !!! :)

I need to hear more about this thing. Just curious, can I run my Xitone FRFR wedge in one side of the AxeFX-II and an NL12 in the other side?

Looks good. Interested to see what you think of the NL12 cab as I have a cornford 2x12 and a 4x12 and was wondering about getting the 1 or 2 NL matrix cab and how sound wise it compares with the cornford. Also how it sounds with a amp head as still have my jvm410hjs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First impressions of the NL212 after tonight's gig:

Amazingly light.
WOW it really does sound like a 4x12.
Tons of bottom end but still crystal clear.
Has a kind of 'hi-fi' quality to the sound.
Definitely much flatter than my previous cab with V30s, I added in a bit more mid and cut some of the highs with the global EQ to suit my taste.
Seems to have better dispersion than a standard cab.

So far so good!
994686_819592041588_43430628_n.jpg

You are killing me --- I want one -- but I really don't need one (have 2 NL12s)

No matter ... I still want one :mrgreen

First impressions of the NL212 after tonight's gig:

Amazingly light.
WOW it really does sound like a 4x12.
Tons of bottom end but still crystal clear.
Has a kind of 'hi-fi' quality to the sound.
Definitely much flatter than my previous cab with V30s, I added in a bit more mid and cut some of the highs with the global EQ to suit my taste.
Seems to have better dispersion than a standard cab.

So far so good!
994686_819592041588_43430628_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom