Happy Easter

Happy Easter to all of you. So far I have played 1 good Friday service , 2 Saturday services and three more tomorrow. I'm going to be beat by tomorrow at 1:00pm when I'm done with my last service. It's a great time, but man, I'll be glad to go back to work on Monday, and just do my normal job.

Happy Easter to all you Christians. I moved to the Bible Belt from N.J., and I can tell you positively North Carolina is the only place I've
ever been where they have Easter BBQ's. Drove around North Wilkesboro today with my son, his wife and our two grandkids. The parks were
very active. I swear there are more churches down here than towns, but I'm definitely not complaining. Quite contrary. May the Easter Bunny
bless you with many eggs.

Happy Easter to all you Christians. I moved to the Bible Belt from N.J., and I can tell you positively North Carolina is the only place I've
ever been where they have Easter BBQ's. Drove around North Wilkesboro today with my son, his wife and our two grandkids. The parks were
very active. I swear there are more churches down here than towns, but I'm definitely not complaining. Quite contrary. May the Easter Bunny
bless you with many eggs.

Yeah, my sister and her family moved there 10+ years ago-when I visit I notice the same things- which is cool

It's actually pretty weird to me. What strikes me isn't just the number of churches around here but the locations, as well. The Wilkesboro area is in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mts., about 25 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway. It's a motorcyclist's dream. The roads are wavy and the traffic light. It is one of the most sparsely populated areas in North Carolina--less than 10,000 people per square mile according to the map me and wifey looked at when looking for a retirement place. When you go out riding here, you may go for miles and miles and the only two things you'll see are farms and churches. I swear you might not see a house or a car within your line of sight, but you will see a church within a mile or three of your route. The area really reminds me of 1950's and 60's N.J. where I grew up.

Back
Top Bottom