Happy accident with factory presets

I need to try that out, thanks for the tip. Any particular mix of that ownhammer cab that stood out?

sounds exiting new! haven´t heard such a good Chrunchsound from AxeII before! What is the OW L-BB Cab?

Both sound nice! I've not pushed the Dr Z that hard... Now I want to :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds great ... but I can't get my system to sound like that ... ( playing a PRS 513 through a CLR ) ... have you made any other changes to the stock preset besides the cab? ... do you have any of the effects on in the stock preset (comes up with just amp/cab/reverb on) ... any eq changes? I sure must be missing something

Checking the Mr Z preset, I also twisted the mid knob to max, but the difference is not dramatic, MrZ tone controls are not super strong. Changed the cab and added null mic with 2.3 of proximity in the MrZ preset. In Concourse I changed only the cab. My guitar has rocking P90s, perhaps crank the treble too if you have darker pickups? I haven't played this one loud yet, I guess for band volume levels I would at least drop the reverb away and take off the proximity, but for home noodling like this, it's ok.

Oh, btw the new 5153 ur mix sounded great also, I first changed to that, and that inspired the whole 4x12 feel. It surprised me, lot less of that super peaky mega annoying rasp than other 5150 cabs in the Axe have, at least with this amount of gain, it might still lurk there and come forward with high gain though. Also, the firmwares have one mic of the Ownhammer L-BB speaker included in the additional taster files. It's a bit bassier than the whole mix, but if you don't have Ownhammers, start with that. Don't use the proximity and that will ROCK!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom