Hans Zimmer Cover Album - Feeler

justinjcm900

Inspired
Hey all,

I know a lot of you know me on here and have heard my work and given me some very kind words and constructive criticism since i've been using the Axe Fx.

Most of you know that i promote Ownhammer stuff a lot as well because it's great and i'm truly inspired by the products that Kevin puts out!

Anyway to the point...

A lot of you will have heard a few of my movie score covers on my soundcloud and you've given me some great feedback and now i am considering doing an entire album of scores from Hans Zimmer's catalogue. I have the tracks chosen and planned out in terms of arrangement and i am currently in the process of sorting licensing for the pieces.

What i'd like to know is who likes this idea and if i were to start a kickstarter to cover some of the costs involved, would you invest in a project like this?

Let me know your thoughts!

Justin

I know I would!!! Your score covers are truly moving, this would be a very cool project I would love to see come to fruition for you. :)

Any issue getting permission from Hans?

Checked with a couple of publishers about this including Universal Music Group and apparently i don't need to get individual licenses, i just need to get an MCPS license to cover them as i would be releasing them properly. I would only need permission from the publishers if i were changing the pieces, re-arranging, adding lyrics for example.

You're in Huddersfield, right? I'd love to drive over and pick your brains about your compositions etc. I for one would love a whole album of covers. Love your work mate, it's so refreshing.

You're in Huddersfield, right? I'd love to drive over and pick your brains about your compositions etc. I for one would love a whole album of covers. Love your work mate, it's so refreshing.

I'm near pontefract so i'm not far from wakefield to be honest.

It's definitely something i'm going to try and put together.

Thanks man, appreciate that comment!

Back
Top Bottom