Hans from Vafam

bammbamm

Experienced
I ordered a panel from Vafam a few weeks ago. I initially got quick responses from Hans but then got sporadic replies him. I heard he had been battling cancer so I was patient. Today, I got a reply from his son-in-law. He informed me that Hans only has a few days left and asked his family to take over the business. Sad news. I just thought I'd share.

That's terrible news.. I was on the fence about using his awesome services awhile back.. Godspeed Hans..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recently bought a replacement component for my rack from Hans.

When exchanging emails I mentioned that I had heard he was having some health issues and wished him a speedy recovery. His reply was this: "there is no recovery from this"...:(

I wasn't really sure how best to respond. What I did say was that I was saddened to hear the news, and that there were many people on this forum with nothing but love and respect for him.

Over that last couple years I have the pleasure of doing business with Hans 4 or 5 times and always, always had excellent customer service and a great quality product.

I know there is nothing I can do but wish for him to be comfortable and surrounded by those who love him and those he loves.

If anyone here knows Hans and his family personally, please pass on the thoughts from fellow forum members.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hans built a connector panel for me a couple of years ago and it has worked faultlessly for hundreds of gigs... a testament to his quality work. Sad to hear this news, prayers for him and his family.

Oh man, that's so sad to hear.
He built some custom cables for me a couple years ago.
We chatted on the phone for a while......great guy.

Thank you everyone. And thank you bammbamm for sharing the news. I have relayed your wishes to the family.

Vafam Sound is Hans' baby. Hans retired from his technology career almost a decade ago before starting Vafam. Vafam wasn't started because he needed the money. He started Vafam because he loves everything about music. He knew what products and quality level his customers wanted and he always delivered.

My wife and I will do our best to continue what Hans started.

That's sad news.
Hans made me a couple of rack panels and has been a very nice man to communicate with.
My heart goes out to him and his family and friends.

Wow, very sad news. I never had the need to personally purchase anything from Hans, but his reputation around here was for the ever elusive combo of quality, affordability, speed and genuine customer service.

Like unix-guy said above, I hope he is with people he loves and is as comfortable as one can be in this situation.

So bummed out to hear this news, nothing but good things to say about VAFAM and Hans. Prayers and best wishes to the family!

Saddened to hear this news and hope for strength to Hans and family. I have a great panel that Hans built and use it every time I play my AxeFx.

Never did business with him, but I have watched others over the years on this forum do so and it seemed he had fantastic customer service. He will be in my thoughts, as he fights this disease that kills so many too soon.

Very sad to hear this. Dealing with Hans was absolutely great and I proudly use 4 rack panels built by him. I get comments about them all the time and frequently refer people to Vafam.

I'm relieved to hear that somebody is taking over the business and I hope that the quality and price are kept!

Very, very sad news. My heartfelt condolences go out to him and his family. May his final days be peaceful and full of love with his family.

Back
Top Bottom