Hank Marvin - Alfie ( cover)

Dynamic1022

Inspired
A beautiful song from the latest album from Hank Marvin.
I'ts a movie theme song from the movie Alfie.
Original by Burt Bacharach.

Gear:
Fender stratocaster USA HSS with custom fat 50's
Axe fx 2 xl+
Pick: Dulop stubby 2.0
Audacity for recording

Any suggestions are welcome.
Feel free to leave a message or like this song.
I dont share the preset right now because i'm still working on it.

Greetings

David
Netherlands

Last edited:
Nice rendition. I think it works so well because Alfie is such a great tune.
Maybe you could play a Wout Steenhuis cover next ;)

Edit: I had to listen a second time !

Please post preset when your happy with it. Great sound. Exactly could you describe your guitar in detail as I'm still trying to find a Fender that will give that smooth bridge pick up sound which is such a signature of Hank's sound.
Thanks Nick

Please post preset when your happy with it. Great sound. Exactly could you describe your guitar in detail as I'm still trying to find a Fender that will give that smooth bridge pick up sound which is such a signature of Hank's sound.
Thanks Nick

I use a Fender standard stratocaster HSS with custom fat 50's pickups. Like the photo below.
Hank marvin's guitar has a different configuration. The most difficult is to get the sound on the axe fx. Because the sound Hank uses is very specific for him. And of course the way he plays the guitar. I've been working foor weeks to find a sound that i could use on this song.

fender-american-standard-stratocaster-hss-shawbucker-rosewood-bordeaux-metallic.jpg

Thanks themaidenmaniac for your comment.
The preset will be there very soon.

I would love to hear the result on a Hank Marvin Strat.

Greetings,
David

Hi maidenmaniac. What is special on the Hank Marvin strat and can you post a picture and some details as I'm always trying to get his sound.
Thanks Nick

The hank marvin strat has a birdsey maple neck ( i dont know if this influences the sound but it looks stunning) . gold hardware and custom shop 50,s.
These custom shop fenders are very expensive. I saw one in Holland for about € 3500,-
I'ts is possible to use a normale strat and replace the normal pickups with kinmann 54 pickups. Less expensive.
And the color of course it most be fiesta red ( Just kidding)

Fender%2BStratocaster%2BFlamingo%2BPink.JPG

Haha, yes, fiesta red all the way! Here are a few pics as requested, sorry for the de-rail David! (hopefully you like them too- no kinmans in this one though! P.S it looks extremely red in the photos, but in real life its very pink)

20170907_194916_resized.jpg 20170907_194957_resized.jpg 20170907_195009_resized.jpg 20170907_194933_resized.jpg

Back
Top Bottom