Hanging scenes bug?

scorch

Experienced
Since there isn't a bug section for the FX8 I'll have to put it here.

I have scenes for four blocks, (compressor, filter, drive 1 and drive 2) I'm using all eight scenes.

The problem is when scene 3 is supposed to be Comp & drive 1 only. When I go to scene 6 or scene 8 which both have comp&filter&drv1, then go back to scene 3, the filter 'hangs' on. It doesn't do that for other scenes. Just scene 6 and 8.

So I started from scratch with a blank preset, built it again and it appeared to get rid of the problem. Until I went to scene 8 (which had comp&filter&drv1&drv2) and then back to scene 1 which is supposed to be all blocks off and the filter (in block 2) hangs.

Not from scene 6 & 8 to Scene 3 like before but just scene 8 to scene 1. Changing and saving does not cure it. It is persistant.

Bug maybe. Just reporting it.

Anyone else seen this?

'Hang' means when a scene has a block on and then you switch to a scene that that block is supposed to be off...its on instead.

On my second example, scene 1 has no blocks on. Switch to scene 8 and all blocks are on (block 1, 2, 3, and 4) but when you switch back to scene 1, block 2 (in my case is a filter) it stays on instead of going off.

Trying to turn it off and saving does not cure the symptom.

I tried building a completely new block but I got the same problem in a different order.

What firmware version is your FX8 on? Press setup, then Switch 3 for Utility and page over to the Firmware version.

I believe Scene Revert set to Off would mean blocks would not reset when switching from Scene to Scene, which the OP is trying to avoid.

Any way to post a short video showing this issue?

After further testing, it seems to be the filter block. When I delete the filter block and replace with a graphic eq the problem disappears. When I place the filter block into a different position the problem returns but in a different block position.

After further testing I took FX8-Edit out of the situation and it still looks like something in the filter block firmware is causing the persistence or 'hang' as I was calling it. I tried 10 different types of blocks in different configurations and could only replicate the issue with the filter 1 block. It moves with the filter block. Block position 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. it doesn't matter.

The filter 2 block does not exhibit this behavior. So I've found a temporary work-around.

I gotta have my filter block.

Scratch that last text. I WAS able to replicate the issue with filter 2, but in a different way. For what its worth, it always seems to happen coming from scene 6 or scene 8. Doesn't seem to happen coming from other scenes.

After further testing I took FX8-Edit out of the situation and it still looks like something in the filter block firmware is causing the persistence or 'hang' as I was calling it. I tried 10 different types of blocks in different configurations and could only replicate the issue with the filter 1 block. It moves with the filter block. Block position 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. it doesn't matter.

This is a known issue in firmware V2.00. We are currently working on a maintenance release (V2.01), and this issue will be corrected. Please stay tuned (I just returned from vacation).

Back
Top Bottom