Hanging a couple of guitars on the wall… Suggestions requested

∞Fractals

Fractal Fanatic
OK need to get the guitars off the guitar floor stands in the music room. Was going to hang on a wall, but I’ve never done it, never even thought about it. Times change I suppose.

So what is a nice secure way to hang valuable instruments on the wall so they’re no longer in a stand on the floor.

Many thanks in advance!

I like this one:

Seems impossible to paste a URL here, search on Amazon for:

String Swing Guitar Hanger - Holder for Electric Acoustic and Bass Guitars - Stand Accessories Home or Studio Wall - Musical Instruments Safe without Hard Cases - Black Walnut Hardwood CC01K-BW 2-Pack

1605828984117.png

If you have a few guitars, the Hercules series are the best wall hangers thanks to the locking system. If you have a lot of guitars, String Swing and a few others have wall systems that come with rails and brackets. Headless also poses a bit of a headache, if that's on your radar.

Thanks! Just a handful of electrics currently - others sit in cases ... don’t need the mega-mondo-solution 😅 No headless yet.

Keep ‘dem idears coming in please!

You probably know this but I'll mention it just in case - make sure you screw the wall hanger into a stud behind the drywall (drywall will not support a guitar - not for long anyway). If you are not sure where the stud is you can buy a studfinder at any hardware store.

I use the hercules hangers - they are great.

I like this one:

Seems impossible to paste a URL here, search on Amazon for:

String Swing Guitar Hanger - Holder for Electric Acoustic and Bass Guitars - Stand Accessories Home or Studio Wall - Musical Instruments Safe without Hard Cases - Black Walnut Hardwood CC01K-BW 2-Pack

View attachment 75281
I have a bunch of these, and they’re great. One thing I’ve noted about hanging versus keeping them in the case, is maintaining a steady humidity in the room. I like my action low and buzz less. 45% humidity is where I keep the room

I have a bunch of these, and they’re great. One thing I’ve noted about hanging versus keeping them in the case, is maintaining a steady humidity in the room. I like my action low and buzz less. 45% humidity is where I keep the room

Yeah, I tried to fight the humidity battle for years. I had a humidifier running constantly in my music room. Had to thoroughly clean it out daily to keep mold buildup in check. It didn’t matter what cleaning or disinfectant product I used, the mold came back in 24-48 hours. It was just too much hassle. I just have to put my guitars in their cases for the duration of late fall through winter.

In the long run, how can the humidity in the case be different than in your room? Not trying to be a pain, I've heard that idea before, and I just don't get it.

In the long run, how can the humidity in the case be different than in your room? Not trying to be a pain, I've heard that idea before, and I just don't get it.
For the humidity itself, not much, unless the case is hermetically sealed ... but it does help in keeping mold off.

It’s much easier to use a case humidifier than it is to humidify a whole room.

Room humidifiers are notorious for getting moldy. You can change the water several times a day, clean it out with a bleach or vinegar solution, use silver based disinfectant products, etc, and the mold will win.

Yeah, I tried to fight the humidity battle for years. I had a humidifier running constantly in my music room. Had to thoroughly clean it out daily to keep mold buildup in check. It didn’t matter what cleaning or disinfectant product I used, the mold came back in 24-48 hours. It was just too much hassle. I just have to put my guitars in their cases for the duration of late fall through winter.
Had so many issues with the 'wick' type humidifiers, even with regular maintenance, and the warm mist electrode humidifiers weren't powerful enough. We switched to an ultrasonic humidifier and use distilled water in it. No more allergy or bacteria issues for us and keeps our home @ 40%. This is the humidifier we purchased after a lot of research:
https://www.levoit.com/allproducts/lv600hh-hybrid-ultrasonic-humidifier

I also use the String Swing hangers; got a dozen of them on the wall now. Honestly, it doesn’t save me too much in space, as I still have to store the cases. But it does get them out where I play them all more often, and that was the point. A bonus: there is no cooler wallpaper than a line of your favorite instruments greeting you whenever you enter the room.

My buddy's got a mix of different hanging systems - but it works. Large moulding trim around the room and various hanging hooks - hands, string swing, and even some lightup display boxes. Don't forget the horizontal style ones too - those are cooler for display guitars up high.
1605881775818.png

I have 50+ guitars hanging on string swings in a drywalled room here in central Florida, the string swings are great but the guitars on the outside wall do get effected more by the changes of season I don't know why you would think the whole room would be the same. I have 24 hanging buy the neckplates from the ceiling and they seem to fair better to season changes then any others on the wall or floor stands.

Back
Top Bottom