Hanging a couple of guitars on the wall… Suggestions requested

System rail costs next to nothing, a wooden plank where the metal is will do. The guitar hooks are 8 bucks if I recall correctly. I wanted the metal plates so it was a bit more work.

I've got 8 of those String Swing holders up, and I think they're great. If I had more floor space, I'd probably just keep the guitars in racks, but I do like them up on the wall.

I'm moving to a new house and considering this system:

https://diamondlifegear.com/guitar_hanger_mx.html#nolink
I have the slatwall mx 96 system, the only issues i have had are
1. If you want to turn the guitars slightly sideways the guitars can easily hit the wall, so buy the longer hangers
2. The hanger itself was too wide for Strat/Tele necks so I had to pop a few of them in a vice to narrow it down enough to not hang by the tuning keys, and always keep my Fenders on those

String Swing Guitar Hanger - Holder for Electric Acoustic and Bass Guitars - Stand Accessories Home or Studio Wall - Musical Instruments Safe without Hard Cases - Black Walnut Hardwood CC01K-BW 2-Pack

View attachment 75281

I used these very same hangers (inexpensive), but mounted them to a 1x6" hardwood board I bought at Lowes, stained, then mounted to the studs in the wall... Here's my crew all nice and stable.

1605965242471.png

I have the slatwall mx 96 system, the only issues i have had are
1. If you want to turn the guitars slightly sideways the guitars can easily hit the wall, so buy the longer hangers
2. The hanger itself was too wide for Strat/Tele necks so I had to pop a few of them in a vice to narrow it down enough to not hang by the tuning keys, and always keep my Fenders on those

Good tips, thanks!

View attachment 75330

I much prefer a system like this, sideways mounted allows for more guitars to hang on your wall.

My system is slideable and the Hercules hanger adjustable. So depending on the number of guitars you have you place them closer together and more ( or completely) sideways or further apart and more facing outward.

I spent quite some time on this diy project. Its a system that they use in. Stores for displays.
I have the hangers but not the slat. Would you be able to provide me with the resource to acquire the materials by any chance?

I like this one:

Seems impossible to paste a URL here, search on Amazon for:

String Swing Guitar Hanger - Holder for Electric Acoustic and Bass Guitars - Stand Accessories Home or Studio Wall - Musical Instruments Safe without Hard Cases - Black Walnut Hardwood CC01K-BW 2-Pack

View attachment 75281
I have these as well. I think they look and work great. Must be the angle of the picture because they are all level.....

PXL_20201023_172005658.jpg

I have the hangers but not the slat. Would you be able to provide me with the resource to acquire the materials by any chance?

I am in Holland,I’ll be happy to check. It is standard slatwall rail. It is a separate rail. They mostly sell these in plates with several rails in it. I got the address of mine from my music store. I asked them where they had bought it. I just checked, the company I bought from is Dizz. Look up in google with the terms slatwall and Dizz. Oh one advice: buy the aluminum version. The other colors are plastic and flexible. That is useless because they bend when you hang a guitar (or anything in it) those are only suitable when you have the system plate. (I hope I am making sense)

Harm

Back
Top Bottom