• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Handling patches..

Michael Engel

New here
Hi everybody, I'm completely new here.. I have had my Axe 2 for only a couple of weeks, and as the most of you guys i am pretty amazed.

Im not a soundprogramming- or midi noob, although this question may seem quite "noobie". Maybe i got some sort of apple-handicap, you know, apple products just work with any hands, no thinking needed.

THE PROBLEM is, that I'm not sure how the "real" way of handling patches is, the coin just haven't dropped yet. Well, i have created several patches, but where do i put them? I have them in a the presets folder within axe-manager / axe-edit. Then what? I want these presets to be syncing with the Axe-unit. I tried creating a bank, then copy the patches into that bank, is that the way?

Thanks!

guitargeorge

Inspired
Hi everybody, I'm completely new here.. I have had my Axe 2 for only a couple of weeks, and as the most of you guys i am pretty amazed.

Im not a soundprogramming- or midi noob, although this question may seem quite "noobie". Maybe i got some sort of apple-handicap, you know, apple products just work with any hands, no thinking needed.

THE PROBLEM is, that I'm not sure how the "real" way of handling patches is, the coin just haven't dropped yet. Well, i have created several patches, but where do i put them? I have them in a the presets folder within axe-manager / axe-edit. Then what? I want these presets to be syncing with the Axe-unit. I tried creating a bank, then copy the patches into that bank, is that the way?

Thanks!
IMHO there is no "real" way of handling presets; just try to find a method which suits you. If you have opened Axe-Manage, you can right-click on any preset; it will show you a menu with several options. One of them is "Send to Axe-FX", here you can choose if you want to upload (to your Axe-Fx) an entire bank or just a preset. Remember it is just a way of handling presets/banks.

Maybe you find the wiki-page helpful: Axe-Edit: managing presets with Axe-Manage - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Good luck.

luke

Fractal Fanatic
Just SAVE AS your presets into slots of presets you have no use for.

The entire factory library of 384 presets is available for free download on the Fractal site, so erasing one is not a worry.

Michael Engel

New here
Thanks for your help. I have already grown very familiar with the software.
And OMG, this unit is soooo time-consuming. Mostly in a good way!

Top Bottom