handles on the front of the Axe

m lebofsky

Experienced
Can these be removed easily ? (i.e., unscrewed from the inside of the Axe without having to move electronics around).
Thanks

m lebofsky said:
Can these be removed easily ? (i.e., unscrewed from the inside of the Axe without having to move electronics around).
Thanks

sure, a hammer ought to make quick work of it :D

Matt_B said:
Why do you want to remove them? There is a reason they are there you know.

The handle near the input jack is a PIA for right angle cables coming from above/right.

What is the main reason they are there in your opinioin ? Hopefully for more than to pull the unit in and out of the rack.

m lebofsky said:
Thanks
Are you thinking of getting that SKB Flyer Case?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9306

EDIT: Ahh crap misread this one at first.
m lebofsky said:
The handle near the input jack is a PIA for right angle cables coming from above/right.
If you get them off let us know and post a pic please.

m lebofsky said:
[quote="Matt_B":337vss4q]Why do you want to remove them? There is a reason they are there you know.

What is the main reason they are there in your opinioin ? Hopefully for more than to pull the unit in and out of the rack.
[/quote:337vss4q]

Among other things they protect your knobs from being busted.

:!:

Well, if Cliff says not to remove them - I don't think I would. However, when I received my Axe-FX, one of the handles was loose and sort of bent. I opened up the case and tightened the screws without any problem. I don't recall thinking that it was holding anything else in place structurally, but I wasn't looking that closely.

AndrewSimon said:
m lebofsky said:
[quote="Matt_B":2ihd1715]Why do you want to remove them? There is a reason they are there you know.

Among other things they protect your knobs from being busted.

:!:[/quote:2ihd1715]

They protect the knobs from being busted ?? Did you actually look at the axe before you said that ?

Without the handles the Axe just sounds one-dimensional and flat, plus I hear a touch of digital harshness. The handles are the special sauce.

Back
Top Bottom