Hamer shuts their doors....

Hamer USA wasn't making money, Fender bought Kaman Music when Bill retired. Fender is in trouble themselves and don't have the luxury to keep it going at a loss.

Man... I was just daydreaming of this Hamer I played at the Buddy Rogers Music Store, when i was like 16, the other day. I was too dumb to buy it... and too poor... Burger King didn't pay enough.

I have owned two Hamers, one a Hamer Blitz basically an Explorer with a Floyd Rose, it arrived in London from Chicago in 85 when I bought it, it was unpacked from the shipping packaging and case and was in tune. I unfortunately sold this one around 1990, the other one is a Hamer Chapparal Custom that I got in the late eighties, essentially a superstrat. I still have this guitar but the paint is worn and is a real relic.

I am considering a refinish and restoration to bring it back to how it was but have not finalised a decision on it. For now it waits in its case.

Hamer the original company in the eighties produced some great guitars.

Bought a Korina Standard Limited from 1996 in June this year. Great guitar! I also have a Steve Stevens I from the first run (1984) that is great, too, though a bit head-heavy.

You should have bought more of their guitars...

;)

I'm trying, here are some of mine:

5D30A08A-6278-490E-9B2A-AC519B9D5923-37057-0000287D6F494D65.jpg

I've owned over 100 Hamers, the max at one time was about 70, down to 35 now.

Back
Top Bottom