Halsey, Beato, and the Music Biz

fcs101

Axe-Master
Halsey posted a TikTok rant about how unfair the music biz is. Beato came out with an analysis and essentially backed her up.

I like most of Beato's stuff, but I think he's missed the mark on this one.

Business is business, if you don't like it, don't sign the contract. Nothing essentially new here, record companies have always been blood suckers. I've just always found it amusing that no musicians who've "made it" complain until after they are signed.

If you don't like it, pull a Joe Bonamassa.

ya - love RB for the musical insight but not sure about the business side rants.

He repeatedly rants about copywrite related yt blocking of his vids because he feels his song analysis segments are positive / complimentary / promotional to the musicians which they are, but what he does not seem to get is that the musician / copywrite owner owns it and has the right to stop others from from using it in certain ways without permission even if that use is complimentary to the copywrite owner / musician and even if that denial appears counter to the musicians' / copywrite owners' best interest - plus he doesn't seem too keen on finding practical solutions like systems advancements that could make it easier for musicians / copywrite owners to pick and choose individual uses to authorize (ie: with a simple click, and not having to call his lawyer, Peter Frampton allows RB's channel use but not others), preferring to rant instead (dunno maybe ranting gets more subscribers + likes).

Last edited:
Have any of you been signed or had to work closely or contracted with a major label?
Just in what way would someone "have" to work closely or under contract with a major label? Was it under duress? Or was it a voluntary action?

Hi la scum,
We’ve been renovating so haven’t got together for the last few months. As a matter of fact I’ve hardly played the guitar at all! Just so busy.

I may already be there, and just recognized myself in the mirror of Beato. It gets exhausting
having to perform rants several times a day as part of an old man's daily requirements.

How's your drummer doing, by the way? :)

Hi Anthony76,
In my dreams I did - but for some reason they were always generous and pleasant!
;-)
Thanks
Pauly

[
QUOTE="Anthony76, post: 2269293, member: 38859"]
Have any of you been signed or had to work closely or contracted with a major label?
[/QUOTE]

Hi la scum,
We’ve been renovating so haven’t got together for the last few months. As a matter of fact I’ve hardly played the guitar at all! Just so busy.

Nooooooooooo!! Sorry man. How are you maintaining your sanity and well-being?? :)

Hope the renovations turn out better than you imagined, and you guys are back to
jamming sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom