HALP! AxeFx XL, MFC Mk.3, name timeout and error 17 on FW update.

Rotti

Fractal Fanatic
First off, thanks for looking at this and please give any help you can.

I'm using an XL with the latest FW and an MFC Mk.III on FW 3.00. I'm trying to update the MFC FW to 3.08, but everytime I try, I get Error 17 (which I believe is a corrupted file. I've re-downloaded it about half a dozen times from the main FAS site).

When I'm not in FW update mode, I get name timeouts almost instantaneously from boot up.

I'm connected via FASLINK, but I've been trying to do the update through a USB-to-MIDI cable (tried both I/O settings for FASLINK & Disabled, no luck). I don't have the correct power supply, so I need FASLINK to provide power.

What am I doing wrong here???

Thanks!!!

On the MFC. IS it set for XL or Axe-FX II?

The one time it happened to me I used a different midi cable and it worked.

It's set to II... no option for XL. Might be the FW it's on (3.00)?

Update: Chris and his videos are badass, it's currently updating, fingers crossed!

Update 2:

Firmware update went through, and just about everything is behaving as expected (no timeout messages!) with one exception. I have buttons 1-4 assigned to scenes respectively as IAs. None of them switch from scene 1.

Any ideas? Is it a matter of assigning different CC#'s or on/off values? I spent the better part of the last two hours trying different settings with no luck. I think they're set as "global," should this not be the case?

FYI, my MIDI control menu in the XL was wiped out when I got it, so they're all custom numbered... most are set to "none." Scenes are set to 8.

Back
Top Bottom