Halp! axe and daw set up

mattstrat

Hello,
I hope I posted this in the right place...searched and didn't see an answer.

I'm having trouble setting the xl+ up for recording with both Cubase and PT11. I can get sound thru an interface(scarlett 2i2) in an audio track,but it doesn't sound all that great to me. Is this the preffered way to do it?

I'm hoping to record the axe direct into the usb,and output either thru the scarlett and monitors,or even thru the headphone jack of my computer. but I cant seem to find out how to get this going. I'm using windows if that helps.

Ive also got the axe to work as an interface itself,but when I chose one of the ambient patches ,like diamonique rain or a similar one I created...it overloads the axe cpu.

Just wondering what you guys may suggest. Thanks!

I just didn't even want to jump thru hoops so I have been just using a hardware mixer to monitor thru studio monitors----sounds great since 2009 I do use a separate audio interface, not the axe. The analog recordings sound "great"...I mean the recordings not my playing :) just no hassles this way.

But many use USB so I am sure they will chime in.....just wanted to show you another option is all......and WELCOME to the Party............................

Hi, welcome to the forum.

You may have weird sound when you play a double axe signal through you monitors, like this
Signal 1-> scarlet -> monitor
Signal 2 > scarlet -> daw -> back to scarlet -> monitor.
This may cause weird phasing or latency issues. Check in your Scarlett mix control what is going on.

I use another setup though with my Scarlett 18i8: on my Mac, I made an aggregate audio device. Then all axe and scarlet input and outputs are combined in one big virtual audio device. Don't connect the axe to the Scarlett. Use axe USB directly to up your computer. Your daw then sees all these connections. In you daw, you set up all tracks to go to main out on the scarlet, and use the axe usb input for recording the axe. Works great for reamping too!

Good luck, feel free to ask.

thanks for the replies! I got it to sound pretty good using the scarlett last night... I had to make sure the little monitor button on the track in Cubase was off. with it on it was adding a delay and reverb effect.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

You may have weird sound when you play a double axe signal through you monitors, like this
Signal 1-> scarlet -> monitor
Signal 2 > scarlet -> daw -> back to scarlet -> monitor.
This may cause weird phasing or latency issues. Check in your Scarlett mix control what is going on.

I use another setup though with my Scarlett 18i8: on my Mac, I made an aggregate audio device. Then all axe and scarlet input and outputs are combined in one big virtual audio device. Don't connect the axe to the Scarlett. Use axe USB directly to up your computer. Your daw then sees all these connections. In you daw, you set up all tracks to go to main out on the scarlet, and use the axe usb input for recording the axe. Works great for reamping too!

Good luck, feel free to ask.

that's how I'm hoping to record,but cant seem to get it to work with separate I/o. I'm sure its one simple thing I'm missing. ive tried messing with every I/o option and every kind of track. I'm wondering if its because only mac allows aggregate?

Yes then you have monitoring on and get double signal into your speakers. I presume you connected you axe to the Scarlett.

Back
Top Bottom