Haha, get your lolz here!!!

Funeral

Fractal Fanatic
I stumbled on to these videos today when I was looking for a review of the Fender Dimension bass.
Everything seems legit from the start of all the videos, but then something happens. He starts playing.
I laughed myself to tears twice now. It is SO good! My sides hurt. My face hurts!

Last edited:
Aside from the fact that he is working way to hard at trying to play the instruments it just reminds me of some kid making noise in a GC store.

Too much talky in that 2nd vid, but he certainly can talk the talk.

And then... yikes! ("I listen to obscure indie bands who try not to sound like anything else")

He would definitely benefit from lessons.

I was prepared to have a good laugh, but it doesn't really sound much different than a good number of musical creations these days. I thought it sounded craptastic.

Last edited:
Everyone on the net is a douc... ,er, excuse me,... critic.

If his playing is sufficient to demo the gear, the vid is useful. Most gear demos are just amateurs who love the instrument/gear and are at some point on the learning curve just like you are and are putting themselves out there to share. So unless YOU are a legend STFU, IMHO. But then again most legends don't have a chip on their shoulder because they have proven what they can do and know in their hearts they are skilled without ragging on others who are still developing their skills.

Sorry for the rant I just find all the haters on YT gear vids to be such d*cks. Guitar players seem to be particularly self-conscious and thus prone to comment section douchery compared to my other hobbies.

If his playing is sufficient to demo the gear, the vid is useful. Most gear demos are just amateurs who love the instrument/gear and are at some point on the learning curve just like you are and are putting themselves out there to share. So unless YOU are a legend STFU, IMHO. But then again most legends don't have a chip on their shoulder because they have proven what they can do and know in their hearts they are skilled without ragging on others who are still developing their skills.

Sorry for the rant I just find all the haters on YT gear vids to be such d*cks. Guitar players seem to be particularly self-conscious and thus prone to comment section douchery compared to my other hobbies.

first of all, this portrayed as a pro gear review. you don't have the lighting, cameras, and name "Gear Gods" without inferring some semblance of professionalism. While it's debatable as to whether or not his playing was good enough to demo the gear, its painfully obvious it wasn't good enough to show them in their best light.

If it was some kid sitting in his room using his iPhone it would have been fine, for what it was going for, I'd hope for a better caliber player.

Yep, he somewhat sucks but I didn't even L, let alone OL, certainly not ROTF stuff. Lots of guys suck. Haven't you ever hung around in a music store? I bet he plays as well or better than 50% of the gear-buying guitar public. If players average and lower didn't love gear, we wouldn't have much of a gear industry.

His speaks well and the vids are nicely produced, very pro-looking. So slick it's a big contrast when he starts playing, I guess thats why its funny?

AlBundy5.gif

videos are hard man! i can't even speak for 10 seconds straight sometimes without messing up what i'm trying to say!

i actually dread demoing anything because i'm not a great player myself, and i always feel remedial compared to all the killer players here. so i try to stick to talking, and chords :)

I'm not sure what style he's playing, but I'm fairly sure I've heard other bands playing similar riffs/chord progressions. What genre would that even be? Neo atonal thrash grunge swamp metal taint? I agree there's not much there I would willfully listen to, but he does have some technical ability, even if it's really poorly suited to gear demos. I found it almost atonal and deliberately obscure, but some people are into that.

HAHA, yeah, I'm a douche. You should read what you write before you spew...I mean post it.
Don't be angry because I find something funny you do not. Your assumptions are more detailed than you have info for, which (I'll be polite) is silly.
You worry about you and I will worry about me.
K? K.
;)

Reactions: Ole
Sorry for the rant I just find all the haters on YT gear vids to be such d*cks.
Ok... And what about the kind that seizes on every opportunity to play devil's advocate and take the opposite stance to put themselves in the picture as holier-than-thou...? ;) They seem to overpower even the haters, and seldomly is their stance genuine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom