H949 vs. H3000

rrhoads17

Inspired
Is it possible to get a stereo H949 detune like what EVH had during the 5150 tour? I have never figured out his settings I am assuming a +9 and -9 using 2 949s in stereo. Was there an actual difference between two 949s in stereo vs. the H3000 Micropitch? The 949 sounds more "chorusy" to me but maybe he had a wider difference of cents than in the Micropitch setting.

The secret to a sweet H949 sound in the AFIII is to randomly twitch the pitch up and down slightly for the L and R side. The H949 didn't really have very stable pitch conversion. It's like a tiny and almost imperceptible chorus that makes the sound super wide. Freq bandpass on the pitch shifted voices is critical as well. I cut at 80Hz and 6KHz . . . but that might depend on your monitoring.

I built a preset for this - I'l post it when I get home. I use it in all of my patches!

The secret to a sweet H949 sound in the AFIII is to randomly twitch the pitch up and down slightly for the L and R side. The H949 didn't really have very stable pitch conversion. It's like a tiny and almost imperceptible chorus that makes the sound super wide. Freq bandpass on the pitch shifted voices is critical as well. I cut at 80Hz and 6KHz . . . but that might depend on your monitoring.

I built a preset for this - I'l post it when I get home. I use it in all of my patches!
I’d love to try out that preset!

I assigned the lfo to the left and right on my normal dual detune block, and messed around with Sine as well as random and changed rate, etc. Man it was great lol. Wonderful tips here!

Back
Top Bottom