H9 and AX8

jiagap

Inspired
I have seen a few posts mentioning using the H9 in conjunction with the AX8. Does anyone know if you can put the H9 in the signal chain and have the AX8, when you change patch, also change the patch in the H9? I hope the question makes sense.

I have seen a few posts mentioning using the H9 in conjunction with the AX8. Does anyone know if you can put the H9 in the signal chain and have the AX8, when you change patch, also change the patch in the H9? I hope the question makes sense.
Yes using MIDI

If you wish yes.. Connect H9 in the loop and change presets using MIDI. You can switch them not only when changing patches on AX8 but you can switch them inside preset using Scenes. Scene 1 - Preset 45 on H9, Scene 2 - Preset 99 etc

Yes. The h9 and the AX8 work perfectly together. I programmed Dweezil Zappa's rig for the "Experience Hendrix" tour using this setup (as well as a backup for his current tour).

The H9s take midi which can be set in each scene of each preset. Just put in the desired patch number on the h9s via the proper midi channel.

Some quirks
- you may have to remap the midi on the H9 units. They are offset by 1 as a factory default, sending PC 50 for example will point to patch 49. Offset the midi using the h9 control app.

- if you run the H9 into the effects loop. You may need to drop the FXloop block by -5 to -10 Db and use the patch in the h9 to have some makeup gain or you may clip the input of the H9. Use the red LED clip lights as a guide.

Good info. to know.

I had to boost the effects loop up 5db. I have set it to zero and when the effects loop is engaged with pedal off, i notice a drop in volume. When set to 5db, it sounds consistent in my IEMs. If I push the OUT 2 anymore it gets to peaking the H9 to much. It is set at 48 Used a D'Addario wire kit to make cables. Picked up a George L set, not sure if I am getting something going on with my cables or what?

Back
Top Bottom