H E L P......

Alex Kerezy

Inspired
Hi,
I am violin [not guitar] player who uses an Axe Fx III. I have numerous violin IRs that I would like to 'mix' and play with and test out.

SooOOOOOooo.... I purchased a license for CabLab 3

I DO NOT have an amplifer, and microphones, etc. --- just a violin with a bridge pickup..

H E L P --- I need a tutorial that explains how use and "mix" or "blend" various IRs together..........WITHOUT an amp involved.

Is there any way I can just use the Axe as the input and loop a violin recording, and then tweak/blend/mix IRs until I get the sound I want?

I searched on Youtube.....all of the videos seem to be 5 years old, or more, and they're ALL for capturing IRs of guitar amps. I have NO AMP. I don't want to have an amp. I want to use my Axe Fx III to modify/morph my violin into sweet sounds --- and I run it straight into the house.

CornFuzed in CBus

Cab Lab is for IR mixing. Where you use the IR shouldn't matter... Doesn't require an amp.

If you use IRs today, then there is no difference except you're creating your own IR blends.

You can simulate this in the Cab block already with 4 IRs.

Put the Cab block where you normally have it in a preset, use the IR picker to select a Scratchpad IR slot.

Mix some IRs in Cab Lab and send the result to the same Scratchpad location.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Back
Top Bottom