Guys, what tone would you imagine this Ibanez gtr would produce?

I am not familiar those pick ups, but the guitar is strat scale so you get a little more string travel and then you have more than enough pick up combinations to get everything from quack to searing lead. Seems like it would be a very versatile guitar but also a complicated one.

if you're at all familiar with Ibanez guitars I'd expect something very close if not identical to an RG. It's a hot rodded super strat. You're not going to get classic tones out of it will def get passable 2 and 4 position tones while getting plenty of rock.

if you're at all familiar with Ibanez guitars I'd expect something very close if not identical to an RG. It's a hot rodded super strat. You're not going to get classic tones out of it will def get passable 2 and 4 position tones while getting plenty of rock.
Not that similar to the RG... Different wood and body shape.

It is very similar to the Ibanez S-series guitars, which is the origin. Mahogany body and maple top.

I'm not a fan of the HSH pickup configuration and all of my (late 80s) S-Series are HSS with IBZ USA pickups (rebranded DiMarzios), so I can't comment on the pickups although the same ones are in many later S and RG guitars. Mostly targeted towards rock and metal.

This guitar is the Herman Li signature model. He's from progressive metal band DragonForce. I'm not a fan... But should give a general idea.

For your price point take a look GFS pickups. They are very affordable and sound great.

Not that similar to the RG... Different wood and body shape.

It is very similar to the Ibanez S-series guitars, which is the origin. Mahogany body and maple top.

I'm not a fan of the HSH pickup configuration and all of my (late 80s) S-Series are HSS with IBZ USA pickups (rebranded DiMarzios), so I can't comment on the pickups although the same ones are in many later S and RG guitars. Mostly targeted towards rock and metal.

This guitar is the Herman Li signature model. He's from progressive metal band DragonForce. I'm not a fan... But should give a general idea.

For your price point take a look GFS pickups. They are very affordable and sound great.
having owned quite a few RG's and S series over the years, I can honestly say that aren't that different....shape and wood differences and all.

having owned quite a few RG's and S series over the years, I can honestly say that aren't that different....shape and wood differences and all.
Maybe the pickups?

Basswood has a very different tone than mahogany to my ears.

I currently have two Radius models and a Power model as well as a Proline model from the same era, all with the same IBZ USA pickups, and all similar body style (Strat-ish). They are all different woods and sound different.

I mean, it isn't a radical difference, but it is noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom