Guthrie Govan - using an FX8 with Aristocrats

piofusco

Inspired
Went to my first Aristocrats shows tonight in Denver and snuck a peak at Guthrie's pedalboard. Had a good chuckle once I realized what all he was using. Looks like he got rid of all of his pedals in favor of a certain notable company. Bravo, FAS.

gibxGF9.jpg

He's been known to use the Axe FX for a while now so I suppose it's a logical step. Was he using this with a Badger or a Victory amp?

Do you know, the more I look at the EV-1, the more my GAS starts to rise. They look solid as f**k!

They do look good Sukh. I'm still waiting for mine to come in from G66. They've been out of stock for a while now. Do you have any plans for some FX8 Kicktags?

Paul

They do look good Sukh. I'm still waiting for mine to come in from G66. They've been out of stock for a while now. Do you have any plans for some FX8 Kicktags?

Paul

I do buddy - I'm hoping (through another fractal owning friend) to see one in the flesh and have a play.

Guthrie is playing a Friedman BE100 now.....

You are correct, sir. With a Victory V212 cabinet. He used his birdseye maple Charvel most of the night, however, he also used his mahogany Charvel for a couple songs. I would have taken more pictures, however, I didn't want to bother the people around me.

Good to see Govan being able to replace all of his pedalboard with the one unit, looks so swish!

Yeah the EV-1 is awesome! I was lucky to snatch one from G66, like all Fractal gear, they feel indestructible

I was at The G4 Experience when Guthrie's FX8 arrived in the hotel lobby!

He used his pedals for all the G4 stuff, though, since he said he (obviously) didn't have enough time to get it setup in time. [emoji2]

I'll have to go back and check my pics to see what amp head he was using... I assumed it was Victory because of the cab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are correct, sir. With a Victory V212 cabinet. He used his birdseye maple Charvel most of the night, however, he also used his mahogany Charvel for a couple songs. I would have taken more pictures, however, I didn't want to bother the people around me.

Is it actually mahogany or just a darker finish? At G4 he played what he referred to as "the browner one", and said Charvel had just done a darker finish on his normal guitar and sent it to him to see how he liked it... He played it about 80% of the time, so I guess he did!

I've gotta say that he's one of the few modern guitarists who really blow my hair back. His style, technique, the effortless way he seems to exorcise his ideas and melodies.... it's like he's all great guitarists rolled into one.

Man love. ;)

Couldn't agree more - he is an absolute monster of a player! And he's almost as fun to listen to talk about guitar as play one ;)

Went to my first Aristocrats shows tonight in Denver and snuck a peak at Guthrie's pedalboard. Had a good chuckle once I realized what all he was using. Looks like he got rid of all of his pedals in favor of a certain notable company. Bravo, FAS.

Hah! I was playing in the other room at this venue and didn't have a chance to really go watch them. Had I known he was sporting the FX8, I would have checked it out up close and asked him about it. Oh well, maybe next time. Those guys played some crazy stuff.

I've been looking for something to replace my aging Lexicon MPX G2 and am hoping this might be it.

I was at The G4 Experience when Guthrie's FX8 arrived in the hotel lobby!

He used his pedals for all the G4 stuff, though, since he said he (obviously) didn't have enough time to get it setup in time. [emoji2]

I'll have to go back and check my pics to see what amp head he was using... I assumed it was Victory because of the cab.

Checking my G4 pics and Guthrie was definitely playing a Victory amp and cab...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom