Guthrie Govan - using an FX8 with Aristocrats

Yeah the Victory amps he uses sound awesome! Very versatile and amazing tones! I hope one day we will see them in the AxeFX :)

I'm informed too. But I'm not gonna tell you how I am informed - that's the only way you'll believe me.

By "informed guess" one usually means a genuine guess (not a quasi-guess with a hint of secret information), which is informed by one's research or general acquaintance with a given topic/person/etc. Knowing GG's tendencies and heaving read many interviews, etc., it seems to me that, in general, he prefers to use analogue pedals if possible, and hence I think he won't stick with FX8. And that's my guess. So, please keep your sarcasm to yourself; I was just trying to have a civilised discourse.

By "informed guess" one usually means a genuine guess (not a quasi-guess with a hint of secret information), which is informed by one's research or general acquaintance with a given topic/person/etc. Knowing GG's tendencies and heaving read many interviews, etc., it seems to me that, in general, he prefers to use analogue pedals if possible, and hence I think he won't stick with FX8. And that's my guess. So, please keep your sarcasm to yourself; I was just trying to have a civilised discourse.

I tend to agree. But GG seems to be the kind of pro who favours practicality over personal gear fetishes. He loves analog stuff ( pedals and amps) but will not hesitate to use and endorse more compact and practical gear when he needs it. Him using the FX8 might be such a thing.

I tend to agree. But GG seems to be the kind of pro who favours practicality over personal gear fetishes. He loves analog stuff ( pedals and amps) but will not hesitate to use and endorse more compact and practical gear when he needs it. Him using the FX8 might be such a thing.

We'll see. It'd definitely be something "different." But I agree that GG does favour practicality when it comes to touring. It's interesting that BB's pedalboard is twice as big as his and yet he wants to keep his to minimum to keep the costs down. I don't quite understand how the gear-travel vis-à-vis band's funds go, but to me as an outsider it surely seems a little odd that he couldn't afford to travel a bit heavier in view of his colleagues' heavy cargo.

Back
Top Bottom