Guthrie Govan using an FM9

Here are some shots of Guthrie's current touring rig which consists of an FM9 direct to FOH. Pretty much it and two Charvel Guitars. An MJ and USA model as well as a BT page turner for his ipad. He does have a monitor behind him (it usually looks like the same one) and I have seen the EV box a few times as well but it usually has a cover on it. But that is really it as far as his sound. And it sounds, well, like Guthrie. Guthrie has some custom amp/presets that were created for/by him. Great shots below of the FM9 - the EV1 is volume and the EV2 is wah.

Attachments

• GG6.jpeg
    GG6.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 149
  • GG5.jpeg
    GG5.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 142
  • GG4.jpeg
    GG4.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 125
  • GG3.jpeg
    GG3.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 133
  • GG2.jpeg
    GG2.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 134
  • GG1.jpeg
    GG1.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 141
Here are some shots of Guthrie's current touring rig which consists of an FM9 direct to FOH. Pretty much it and two Charvel Guitars. An MJ and USA model as well as a BT page turner for his ipad. He does have a monitor behind him (it usually looks like the same one) and I have seen the EV box a few times as well but it usually has a cover on it. But that is really it as far as his sound. And it sounds, well, like Guthrie. Guthrie has some custom amp/presets that were created for/by him. Great shots below of the FM9 - the EV1 is volume and the EV2 is wah.
That's a Xitone cab in the back facing forward.

Yes indeed it is! Interestingly enough I didn't think they were still up and running, but maybe? I had two of these prior as well, but didn't get on with them.
I think Mic is having troubles with parts shortages.

I used a pair of passive Xitone wedges for many years with a Matrix amp until recently getting a pair of EV PXM 12-MP active wedges.

They worked great for me and built like a tank!

I haven't seen any recordings of these shows pop up anywhere, can't wait to hear one though! I wish they were coming through Vegas on the tour.

Some more shots. The FM9 with the Xitone and some pedals. In conversation, I am now told this is the Victory model-like or actual
I haven't seen any recordings of these shows pop up anywhere, can't wait to hear one though! I wish they were coming through Vegas on the tour.
There are a few recordings out there, however Guthrie has been out front stating he really wants phones to be away at the gigs for recordings. Pictures are ok. But they actually said this at the start of each gig.

I think Mic is having troubles with parts shortages.

I used a pair of passive Xitone wedges for many years with a Matrix amp until recently getting a pair of EV PXM 12-MP active wedges.

They worked great for me and built like a tank!
Yes mine were awesome. I did think the sound was kind of boxey. I think there are some better solutions, but I think it might have to do with the "relationship" currently going on with his endorsements. Once, I hear I'll let you all know.

Visual aid - I like my XiTone more than the competitors I've tried (which does not include the Atomic CLR or EV PXM). They are a touch boxy, and "flat" is a stretch. Lately I've been using the Laney LFR 212 as I like the vertical 2x12 format, and it's more open sounding but a bit tubby thanks to the ported design. I'm gonna try plugging the ports at some point.1657153125110.png

Visual aid - I like my XiTone more than the competitors I've tried (which does not include the Atomic CLR or EV PXM). They are a touch boxy, and "flat" is a stretch. Lately I've been using the Laney LFR 212 as I like the vertical 2x12 format, and it's more open sounding but a bit tubby thanks to the ported design. I'm gonna try plugging the ports at some point.View attachment 104554
It’s definitely situational.

I like them. I think they are a bit more flat. I'm running them on Monitor 2 DSP mode.

Nice and loud and clear, plus dual XLR inputs so I can connect both Axe Fx III and FM9 and simply switch between either whenever I feel like it.
Thanks...I may check one out. A dealer has a scratch and dent sale for 600...returnable. I was going to get another Xitone and may, but I figured this was worth a shot. I haven't really gone the FRFR route since the AX8 days and pretty much been using the Jack 4CM with one of the AF units. But lots of time when I am in the studio going direct I want a little extra sound and then I could use it live as a mix up.

Back
Top Bottom