Guthrie Govan using an FM9

OP,
The video is not displaying on this forum...at least not on my computer...are there protocols that might prevent the FAS FB group from displaying on this page?

The video isn't visible for some people on this page because of anti-tracking and anti-spam blockers in your browser (probably). I can't paste the full link here either, because the forum code thinks that it's a spam link.

UPDATE. Here's a link to the video on Facebook for those that can't see it within this forum page:

Video of Guthrie Govan playing an FM9

Here's an external link to a photo of it:

Photo of Guthrie with the FM9

Last edited:
Consider the tool. Not the brand……….

That being said, I am curious about the FM9 vs Victory.

Last edited:
The video isn't visible for some people on this page because of anti-tracking and anti-spam blockers in your browser (probably). I can't paste the full link here either, because the forum code thinks that it's a spam link.

UPDATE. Here's a link to the video on Facebook for those that can't see it within this forum page:

Video of Guthrie Govan playing an FM9

Here's an external link to a photo of it:

Photo of Guthrie with the FM9
Thank you! I had just copied a link from the group I saw it posted in, was only the pic so thank you for sharing the video as well!

OP,
The video is not displaying on this forum...at least not on my computer...are there protocols that might prevent the FAS FB group from displaying on this page?
Sorry about that, removed the link and just added the picture to the original post.

Damnit Guthrie - the FM9 here, the Kemper on tour with Hans Zimmer, the Victory amps - how are we supposed to declare an unambiguous winner? Stop loving all the gear!
Guthrie gave up the Kemper for Hans. He used a AXE III for the last tour. With the Aristocrats it is expected he will use the Victory V30 head again with possibly the Fm9 as just effects or back to Fx8 - when I find out I will update. In conversation, he has mentioned the Axe FX world is more his thing when he has to use a modeler - but he still uses Victory when he can. For this small gig, it probably wiser to use the Fm9 instead of blasting the tenor player to his death with the V30.

As a follow up - I did find out that Guthrie was using the Orange amp as his sound and using the Fm9 as a "mostly" effects unit. I am not sure what the "mostly" means other than to state the gain was "mostly" from the amp. So it is kind of like his previous set up. There are some parts of the gig where you would see him turn to the Orange stack in back of him to get feedback or response from the amp. Pretty much the same set up sans the Victory amp - which is what he is expected to use on the Aristocrats tour. It was not clear as to whether that would be the V30 or the V4 (which is the new pedal amp with the same structure as the V30).

Back
Top Bottom