Guthrie Govan Leaves Suhr!!! :S....

You said it twice.

:D

And my neighbour has a car. Nice old BMW convertible. Now I don't really want one of those, way to much maintenance. But, should he suddenly come home with another car and I happen to meet him on our driveways, I'll ask him what happened to the first one. I may even talk to other neighbours, "Say, you've seen that new car of Bryan's?".

So, that's about what I'm doing. Talking to a neighbour. Saying "Hey, Guthrie was playing a Charvel last night, wonder what happened with the Suhr?"

I'm done saying now.
Hahahah that was a forum glitch I actually posted it once :D
Yup that makes a lot of sense indeed. People will talk about changes and such things,it's as long as it's natural and healthy.

Maybe he got tired of waiting for their website to ever get back up to full form....oh wait....that's me! Seriously.....talk about forever to get a website done!

Maybe he got tired of waiting for their website to ever get back up to full form....oh wait....that's me! Seriously.....talk about forever to get a website done!
Indeed. Would have been better to keep the old one up in the mean time. My old links don't work any more. Anyway, there's more there now than there was there last July.

Agreed... Suhrs web site doesn't seem to be a big priority, they must be to busy giving away T-shirts every month :lol.

I don't really know what Guthrie would have done with the website of Suhr when he used to endorse Suhr and had his own signature models. Although yes new customers certainly need a more functioning website

there's a post apparently by suhr:
quote Suhr "...This was purely about business"
HRI
Absolutely man. It's a business move indeed. If he is happy with Charvel then good for him. Suhr are great guitars still and Guthrie is still a phenomenal player,so I guess good for both the parties.
It's kind of like Marco Sfogli leaving his Rash Guitars and joining Ibanez.

And now I'm having even harder time with waiting for my Suhr Modern 7 ! It's over 7 months of waiting already !!!
You're waiting for your Suhr Modern 7 as well! Me too!!! I ordered from Matt's Music Center. Who are you getting your Suhr from. At the moment I am without a functioning electric guitar. My musicman got damaged a while back and never quit giving me problems,even after getting it repaired many times.

Long story short I was travelling once,had it in a soft shell case as I was allowed to hand carry my guitar but the jerk from Emirates simply didn't let me take in "Hand Carry" and this was after I passed the customs and was waiting in the lounge for my flight. The idiot said there is no space in the hand carry compartments. Anyhow when I got to my destination,the guitar came a day later and it was all damaged and scratched up. The pathetic crew that flew us there had already left and there wasn't much I could do then. I even lost a piezo saddle on the 6th string of the guitar,sent a picture to musicman and with the serial number and exact model. Yet they want me to lift up the saddle by loosening the screw and making sure that string doesn't break

Yea that didn't go too well,so I left it like it is. At this point the guitar is in no playing condition and sadly it's been giving me tons of problems after that event. I tried to get it fixed so many times anyhow it's frustrating and so I know how you feel. I am without an electric guitar at this point. Looking forward to the guitar,shall be using it for both 6 and 7 string stuff.
Good luck man,I hope you get your guitar soon.

Long story short I was travelling once,had it in a soft shell case as I was allowed to hand carry my guitar but the jerk from Emirates simply didn't let me take in "Hand Carry" and this was after I passed the customs and was waiting in the lounge for my flight. The idiot said there is no space in the hand carry compartments. Anyhow when I got to my destination,the guitar came a day later and it was all damaged and scratched up. The pathetic crew that flew us there had already left and there wasn't much I could do then. I even lost a piezo saddle on the 6th string of the guitar,sent a picture to musicman and with the serial number and exact model. Yet they want me to lift up the saddle by loosening the screw and making sure that string doesn't break

Yea that didn't go too well,so I left it like it is. At this point the guitar is in no playing condition and sadly it's been giving me tons of problems after that event. I tried to get it fixed so many times anyhow it's frustrating and so I know how you feel.

Rough story that
mellow.gif

Rough story that
mellow.gif
Yea it's been a bumpy ride. For a while I managed to play the guitar and get decent sounds even with the problems. I think the worst part was
that the guitar was pretty brand new when it happened,it had only lasted in the brand new condition for 3 months. Well now I just carry my guitars
in hard shell cases. But yea it's been a while since I played a nice functioning electric guitar. Really looking forward to the Suhr.

immortal_soloist - Funny that you mention about your guitar getting damaged by an airline. Guthrie just had to cancel a gig tonight in the Canary islands because Air Berlin wouldn't leave him carry on his "prototype, currently-one-of-a-kind Charvel" in the cabin of their plane.
They were insisting he put it in the hold but he only had a soft case so wouldn't take that chance.
He even offered to pay for an extra ticket but they weren't having any of it.
Posted on facebook by The Aristocrats today.

immortal_soloist - Funny that you mention about your guitar getting damaged by an airline. Guthrie just had to cancel a gig tonight in the Canary islands because Air Berlin wouldn't leave him carry on his "prototype, currently-one-of-a-kind Charvel" in the cabin of their plane.
They were insisting he put it in the hold but he only had a soft case so wouldn't take that chance.
He even offered to pay for an extra ticket but they weren't having any of it.
Posted on facebook by The Aristocrats today.
Yea it's such a coincidence after I posted my story I checked and the Aristocrats had posted that event. In my situation I had offered to pay extra as well but they just didn't listen. If only I had done the same thing that Guthrie did I wouldn't be in this mess. That was a really good call by Guthrie.

No manufacturer is perfect but to put the wrong pickups in a high end custom ordered guitar like mentioned earlier, is pure negligence. Id be pissed as well.

And why should Guthrie inform suhr of his change? I very much doubt suhr would have given him the guitars. Guthrie would have had to pay. Even at an "endorsed" artist price suhr would have made money. So why should that mean Guthrie owes suhr any debt?

Lotta suhr fan boys around here.

No manufacturer is perfect but to put the wrong pickups in a high end custom ordered guitar like mentioned earlier, is pure negligence. Id be pissed as well.

And why should Guthrie inform suhr of his change? I very much doubt suhr would have given him the guitars. Guthrie would have had to pay. Even at an "endorsed" artist price suhr would have made money. So why should that mean Guthrie owes suhr any debt?

Lotta suhr fan boys around here.

I don't get it where people get all these ideas and ideologies from. Nobody said that Guthrie owes any debt to them. And for the record there are different kinds of endorsement deals,Guthrie got his guitars without any cost. Like John Petrucci does in Music Man. Informing a company who makes a signature model of yours does make sense. It's not a big issue if he didn't but that doesn't mean he shouldn't. As for the 7 string,there are specific pick ups for that guitar,so I don't even know how that glitch took place and if it did then that's not good.

I don't see what the whole argument is about. If you know that there are a ton of fan boys here,then why come here and make it look like as if the fan boys are getting all defensive. From the previous posts that I saw here everyone was having a healthy conversation and Clark mentioned his issue about the pick ups. I don't think anyone went all personal on him for saying that. The main question is how does a company handle a mistake or a glitch. From what I know Suhr make sure their customers are happy and if they do make a mistake they provide the best services to eradicate the problem. Everyone is human at the end of the day. If a company doesn't handle the matter properly then yes a customer has full right to be angry.

Back
Top Bottom