Guthrie Govan "Eric" Cover

Hey Mats!

Nice playing and super great guitar! I own that exact model. I just purchased it off of Ebay last week. It is so beautiful I can't stand it!

I don't mean to side-rail this thread, but I just can't seem to find anyone with the EXACT same guitar as I have and I just stumbled on your post here... I'm wondering about the wiring of your push-pull tone pot. My neck pickup has a hum that sounds like a single whether its pushed or pulled. I know the pot is not doing anything to the neck pickup. Do you notice a pretty significant difference in the neck pickup if the tone is pulled vs pushed? Also, could I possibly trouble you to take a picture of the wires connected to the push-pull tone pot in the back? I think mine might have been tampered with and I just need another GG Suhr Bengal Burst owner to confirm the post connections to that pot.

Thanks and wonderful playing and tone!

Lovely playing Mats! What amp & FW did you use?

And was that the Rotary right in the beginning?

Hey Mats!

Nice playing and super great guitar! I own that exact model. I just purchased it off of Ebay last week. It is so beautiful I can't stand it!

I don't mean to side-rail this thread, but I just can't seem to find anyone with the EXACT same guitar as I have and I just stumbled on your post here... I'm wondering about the wiring of your push-pull tone pot. My neck pickup has a hum that sounds like a single whether its pushed or pulled. I know the pot is not doing anything to the neck pickup. Do you notice a pretty significant difference in the neck pickup if the tone is pulled vs pushed? Also, could I possibly trouble you to take a picture of the wires connected to the push-pull tone pot in the back? I think mine might have been tampered with and I just need another GG Suhr Bengal Burst owner to confirm the post connections to that pot.

Could just ask John Suhr. He's actually a member here. Posted a couple of times. Maybe he'll even answer...

Thanks for listening! :D

Hey Mats!

That definitely sounds like somethings of, shouldn't be any hum noise. And, yes, the difference should be significant. Humbucker sound when the tone knob is pushed as usual, and very Jimi Hendrix-ish when it's pulled. I would contact Suhr's product support directly through this page though:
Contact Us

I have talked to them just recently. They reply quickly and know their stuff very well, they'll probably provide you with a better answer than I will :)

Lovely playing Mats! What amp & FW did you use?

And was that the Rotary right in the beginning?

I'm still on FW17, and I use the Shiver Lead... I used some slight post EQ in cubase, no major stuff. I'll attach the patch to this comment. Yeah it's rotary in the beginning, but that's from the backingtrack, recorded by Guthrie, that I got from jamtrackcentral :)

Attachments

• Shiver Lead.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 20
Ah the good old Shiver! That's an amazing amp regardless of the FW! Thanks for sharing the preset, going to play with that tonight! :encouragement:

Great playing Mats! :encouragement:
What did you find that raises your action for slide? I seen a video where Guthrie used some Zizza rolling papers but I figured some plastic would be more solid.

Great playing Mats! :encouragement:
What did you find that raises your action for slide? I seen a video where Guthrie used some Zizza rolling papers but I figured some plastic would be more solid.

I don't think it really matters, especially since I use a string muter above it. I just roll up normal paper until it's thick enough to raise the action. Maybe it's worth trying out different materials to check if it alters tone :p but I would be careful to use anything that damages the fretboard.

Back
Top Bottom