Guthrie Govan Cover - PATCH INCLUDED

brycegoertzen

Experienced
I usually post metal stuff on here, but I decided to take a whack at covering a Guthrie tune because lets face it... Guthrie is a master. Also wanted to try getting his "feel" for loose playing. Hope you fellow Fractal users enjoy the vid, the patch, or any combination of those two. Thanks for clicking the thread.

Last edited:
Think you got pretty dam close with that Bryce!! Not so much the tone, but definitely his style, feel, note choice etc..

Awesome job man!

fantastic job Bryce! I started to tackle this one a while ago. grabbed it off of jamtrackcentral. I'm about half way through it. I believe Guthrie was playing through the HBE preset when he recorded it. How long did you work on this piece for? Love the Loomis axe BTW.

Dude!!! You KILLED it. Amazing playing and that tone is pretty spot on.

Loved the little grin at the Cam at about 1:12.

Hats off to a great clip.

Think you got pretty dam close with that Bryce!! Not so much the tone, but definitely his style, feel, note choice etc..

Awesome job man!

Thanks Buds! The tone wasn't something I chased down so hard because I wanted to use my regular solo tone. I think the Freidman HBE preset is a good place to start dialing in a Guthrie tone though

fantastic job Bryce! I started to tackle this one a while ago. grabbed it off of jamtrackcentral. I'm about half way through it. I believe Guthrie was playing through the HBE preset when he recorded it. How long did you work on this piece for? Love the Loomis axe BTW.
Thanks man! It took me a couple weeks. The fast chromatic runs were completely new to me. I've noticed after getting the bends and runs and stuff that it contaminated my playing a bit (in a good way.) And yes, Guthrie was playing the HBE, though it was a couple firmwares back ;). Good luck with the track my friend!

Back
Top Bottom