Guthrie Govan & Axe FX II!!!

midifine

Inspired
Just bought the new from Guthrie Govan The Late Night Sessions 2 and I love to see the such a great guitar player use the Axe Fx II and I was a little bit disappointed to see the in the package you can't find the patches for Axe... Please give us the Guthrie Govan settings dear Fractal Audio Systems.. as long as you have sponsored the Guthrie project I think that for the price would be great to find the patches for the songs that he played. Will be happy to hear something positive in this way. I think for all of those who don't own this wonder box will be the time to get one when they see and hear how great it sounds!!!

The Late Night Sessions Series 2 | Jamtrackcentral

Thank you!!:p

^ If the patches aren't included then what is meant by " a list of the Axe-II patches are included above each tab page"

If they are not included then one should get their money back.

The page seems to indicate that the patches will be released. We don't have them yet either.

Asking for a refund seems like a bit of an over reaction. I'm sure the situation will be resolved.

The page seems to indicate that the patches will be released. We don't have them yet either.

Asking for a refund seems like a bit of an over reaction. I'm sure the situation will be resolved.

I haven't purchased this & don't much care about it, but they state that the patches are included in the package when you purchase. They don't say "they will be released" .

Totally unacceptable.

The page says.

For those of you that use the amazing Axe FX II, which you will see Guthrie using throughout, you will find the patch list used at the top of each TAB page.

Is there at the top of each page of tab a list of presets? That is different than the patches themselves. Curious about that but in any event it seems ambiguous.

At the top of the PDF's on a few of the transcriptions, it says what amp model was used, but there are no patches included. Regardless, the new jam tracks are insane as per usual GG and his tone is amazing as well!

I am working with JTC to get the preset syx posted next week.

-M@

I am working with JTC to get the preset syx posted next week.

-M@

That would be great!! JTC wrote to me yesterday:

Hi,

Thanks for your email and purchase.

Guthrie literally used the presets from the box and we added a slight touch of reverb when mixing down.

Regards

Jonny
Jam Track Central

On the TAB it's only the Patch name but not the settings. Would be great to have the patches!!!

Last edited:
i bet that when/if the actual presets get shared, people will NOT sound like GG... both tone and notes :)

I agree with you, but I think that nobody wants to sound like Guthrie, but the possibility to make your own music and sound with the patches of such a great guitar player would be very inspiring for all of us who owns the Axe Fx II!!!8)

i bet that when/if the actual presets get shared, people will NOT sound like GG... both tone and notes :)

Just wanted to add because today in Germany is Formula One: I think that nobody on this world will be as Michael Schumacher, but I think that a lot of people would like to drive a Formula One Ferrari.. it's the same with Guthrie Patches!! Or Steve Vai, or Petrucci...!!! Specially because we own a Ferrari (Axe Fx) and we like to have a small feeling how it is to be like!!!

I think it's a misunderstanding here.. I'm not asking for a refund, I just want to look over his patches.. that's all.. and I think as long as Fractal sponsored this project would be for the normal customers just a sign of courtesy that we bought this wonderful box!!!

The Fractal is a great tool. But its all in the fingers and heart on this one!!
What do you think about when you play?,,, thats the thing!!
If you have the tools,, then its all up to you!

Last edited:
That would be great!! JTC wrote to me yesterday:

Hi,

Thanks for your email and purchase.

Guthrie literally used the presets from the box and we added a slight touch of reverb when mixing down.

Regards

Jonny
Jam Track Central

On the TAB it's only the Patch name but not the settings. Would be great to have the patches!!!

But if you have the patch names and they were stock presets as they are implying here, then don't you already have them?

I think that there are not the same as the stock presets, and the small changes I would like to see them.

It sounds like the touch reverb they are talking about was post production. IOW probably a reverb plugin on the DAW.

"Guthrie literally used the presets from the box "
literally sounds to me like they might have been.

Back
Top Bottom