Guitars: how many and brands?

Sadly I sold my Lightning Bolt with Vivians signature on the back of the headstock back in the early 90's. I bought this one due to missing her.
I had the lightening bolt. That was my very first high end guitar when i was like 16. It was my excalibur guitar that whenever i'd take it out somewhere and open the case, i swear I'd hear angelic voices. Your guitar there has HHS? interesting. Didn't know that was a thing. So my Kramer didnt have his autograph but there were only 3 of these models sold in my province at the time. Apparently Vivian did a clinic at the local store and played the model I ended up buying

Last edited:
I had the lightening bolt. That was my very first high end guitar when i was like 16. It was my excalibur guitar that whenever i'd take it out somewhere and open the case, i swear I'd hear angelic voices. Your guitar there has HHS? interesting. Didn't know that was a thing. So my Kramer didnt have his autograph but there were only 3 of these models sold in my province at the time. Apparently Vivian did a clinic at the local store and played the model I ended up buying
Cool! I've never seen one either. I have no idea if it was a special order or modified by a previous owner.

Such a nice offer! And so many sounds. This will be my first tele, coming from mostly a Strat and Gibson/PAF background.

What about something like an AC-20, or Tweed 5F8, or something midgain? Can I keep wishing?!!!

I’ve emailed Scott too, he was super helpful in helping with my Strat

4 different sections, single coil bridge pickup, middle, neck, then "humbucker" bridge, middle, neck

section 1 is cleaner from factory preset
section 2 is the same
section 3 is crunch
section 4 is a solo flipping between bridge in humbucker and neck in single on the ODS factory preset 2nd scene

Last edited:
Listen to Zexcoils in Telecaster through AxeFx III Fender 5F8 by travisgrotbo on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/goZJc

4 different sections, single coil bridge pickup, middle, neck, then "humbucker" bridge, middle, neck

section 1 is cleaner from factory preset
section 2 is the same
section 3 is crunch
section 4 is a solo flipping between bridge in humbucker and neck in single on the ODS factory preset 2nd scene
Ok that is pretty awesome. Really got a wide range there too.

Tldr: 5 guitars. Carvin, Esp Ltd, Dangelico, Carlo Robelli

The two Carvin dc 600s are pre Kiesel spec. 25" scale length (now they're 25.5) one is maple neck and alder body with quilted maple in sapphire blue. The other is all walnut but with a white body and natural binding. Both have Floyds and 14" radius modded with 14" nuts from stewmac. (Don't think they make those anymore. M22sd pickups with a 5 way super switch splitting the humbuckers in the 2 and 4 position. And of course stainless steel jumbo frets. These two are my main guitars. I miss the old carvin brand. Not a huge fan of the direction Kiesel is going.

Next is a D'angelico Boardwalk Premier DC. It has Duncan JB and and sh2n. I got it on a whim in 2019 because it was 500 dollars and played surprisingly well.

Then I have an ec 1000 fluence model in tiger eye finish. I don't like fishman moderns so I swapped them for the fishman classics and couldn't be happier. This is a bright sounding guitar even unplugged.

Last one is a 200 dollar mystery wood Carlo Robelli purchased from Sam Ash in 2001. My sister got it for my birthday during my senior year of high school. When she found out I was taking a guitar class she wanted me to have a decent guitar. I was using a broken acoustic before getting this. (Bridge was pulling up and action was super high) when I went to buy it I wanted an LTD F-200 but this one played better so I got this even though it was cheaper. I had no amp for most of the year so I plugged into my brothers boom box's mic in. Natural distortion if you cranked the input volume. I was in heaven! I don't play it as much because the frets are worn and the electronics are bad. I've been meaning to give it a face lift and refret over the years in but keep putting it off.

Sold two, bought one and moved my bass to the wall. I’m quite happy with my collection and I think I’m done looking. I’m just going to play these for a while.

kmaqySe.jpg

Somewhat recent addition to the 3120 lineup. My previous -99 TW is such a beast I just had to see if lightning would strike twice, by getting another one. Yes, I now have two identical guitars lol. Switched out the Tone Zone for a Steve's Special and I must say I like it a lot. Very easy-playing instrument all in all!

3120TWcrop.jpg

Somewhat recent addition to the 3120 lineup. My previous -99 TW is such a beast I just had to see if lightning would strike twice, by getting another one. Yes, I now have two identical guitars lol. Switched out the Tone Zone for a Steve's Special and I must say I like it a lot. Very easy-playing instrument all in all!

View attachment 90226

I have a guitar that looks like it could be the cousin of this one.

Attachments

• DA904034-6453-4182-8763-70B545A0E95E.jpeg
    DA904034-6453-4182-8763-70B545A0E95E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
I think I've settled for a bit, although a 7 string Evertune is still on my list. I'm mainly Dean/Jackson/ESP these days, been playing metal for almost 30 years. Current List:

2008 Dean Dime Shadow (heavily modded - Dimebucker/59)
2020 Dean USA Dime ML Classic Black (Dimebucker / Dimetime)
2021 Dean Dime Stealth Transparent Red Burst (Dimebucker / Dimetime)
2021 Dean ML Fluence (Fluence Moderns)
2020 Jackson Jeff Loomis Pro Kelly (Fluence Open Core Classics)
2020 Jackson Pro DK Modern HT6 Baked Red (Fluence Open Core Classics)
2021 Jackson USA KE-2 Black (JB/Jazz)
2014 Jackson USA KE-2 Eerie Dess Swirl (Nazgul / Sentient)
2015 ESP LTD EC-1000ET Transparent Black Flame Maple (JB/Jazz)
2014 ESP E-II M-II Neck Thru Black (EMG 81/81)
2020 ESP LTD MH-1000ET Transparent Black Flame Maple (Fluence Moderns)
2019 Epiphone 1984 Explorer Alpine White (EMG 81/85)
2020 Strandberg Boden Metal 6 Black Pearl (Fluence Moderns)
1970s Alvarez acoustic (not exactly sure of the year).

and a Custom 8 string strandberg-inspired guitar built by my brother using a Carvin neck, SD Distortion pickup, and hipshot hardware that I've named "Galactus" (since it has a wood-burned picture of Galactus on it hand draw by my bro).

I just sold an electric and am down to 10 guitars now:

1974 Guild D25M acoustic
2000 Fender USA PBass
2018 Fender American Original 50's Telecaster
2018 G&L USA Legacy
2015 Godin Summit Classic HB
2018 Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1
2006 Jackson RR5FR
2006 Ibanez RG1527
2018 Strandberg Classic 6
2018 Strandberg Standard 8

The current main players-

E5782DBE-8B6C-4660-9283-C4A2A4C0A6E9.jpeg

Breedlove acoustic (can’t remember the model name, it was like $500 and sounds great)
Classic 50’s Strat with the Gilmour EMG’s
PRS SE Semi-hollow
Ibanez RG7620
Solar E-type (can’t remember the exact model name….they’re silly)
Ibanez JEM7V
Ibanez SZ320
Spector Pulse
Peavey Millennium
Warwick Streamer

I’ve got 4-5 others that are in various conditions that I’m currently not using. One is my MIM Strat I converted to vintage specs as far as hardware/logo/stripping the poly off the neck and spraying it with nitro, that’ll end up being my Gilmour Black Strat for the Floyd tribute I got into. I’ve also got a MIJ Ibanez RG470 that I’m going to convert into a JEM77GMC eventually.

Only thing I feel I “need” at this point is a nice Tele. I also currently have MJT making me a replica of Gilmour’s CAR Strat that’ll be here in a couple months that I’m REALLY stoked for!

There is my herd. From left to right:

• Suhr Modern Bengal
  • Charvel 750 XL, my latest addition and a very special one
  • Gibson LP Standard 2016 w/ Bareknuckle Rebel Yells
  • Gibson LP Special TV Yellow
  • Steinberger ZT3 (down)
  • PRS SE Custom 24 Tampas Green

\m/

Attachments

• tempImageIHgc6I.png
    tempImageIHgc6I.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 20
Crap, I need to open a guitar shop :cool: I know I'm missing some, but off the top of my head
BC Rich USA Neon Drip Warlock
BC Rich USA Snakeskin Warlock
BC Rich USA Warlock (80's neckthrough)
BC Rich USA Candy Apple Red Warlock
BC Rich USA white Mockingbird
BC Rich USA St3 (burned wood)
BC Rich USA St3 (blue metallic)
BC Rich USA St3 (Early 80's neckthrough)
BC Rich 80's NJ warlock
Charvel rainbow crackle (80's)
ESP maverick (Vernon Reid)
ESP Wilton (original Custom shop w/ glow in dark skulls)
ESP mirage Deluxe
George Lynch MOM tribute
G&L s500 (american first year of the model)
Hamer USA with gotoh floyd
Hamer USA Blitz (custom graphics)
Hamer USA Scarab (bengal paint)
Hondo II professional
Ibanez JEM (1987 777SK shocking pink first year)
Ibanez 570
Ibanez Agent (70's Scroll headstock Les Paul)
Ibanez proline pearl pink Rhoads V
Ibanez Reb Beach model
Ibanez Roadstar II
Ibanez star
Ibanez Acoustic/electric
Jackson Rhoades V (japanese w/ EMG 81/85)
Jackson RR1 USA
Jackson Kelly (Japanese w/ custom checkerboard balckhole paintjob)
Jackson Kelly (USA Marty Friedman limited edition neckthrough w/ Floyd)
JTV Variax 89F
Kramer Aluminum neck
Kramer USA with floyd
Kramer Baretta (1st year)
Kramer Nighswan
Kramer Ferrington
Peavey Vandenberg floyd trem
Peavey Vandenberg Original trem
Peavey Wolfgang (American purple flame archtop)
Peavey Wolfgang (American gold top archtop)
Peavey Wolfgang american special (blue w/ ghost flames)
Rickenbacker
Steinberger USA
Washburn "explorer"
I have a USA Hamer Sceptor. Best guitar I've ever owned.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro 2
Fender Stratocaster American Professional II
Jackson MJ Professional Series Poplar Burst Dinky
Hamer USA Scepter
Martin Acoustic
Fender P Bass American Professional II
Fender P Bass California Special

Back
Top Bottom