Guitars: how many and brands?

1 ebmm jp15 quilt top emerald 2017
1 gibson les paul standard 2017
1 fender deluxe american strat 2014
1 fender telecaster 1952 reissue 1982( first year)
1 charvel so cal vintage white
1 ovation electric 12 string flametop 1992
love every one of them

1 Gibson ('64 SG Special)
1 Epiphone (G400 Korina)
1 Hamer (Scarab I)
5 Ibanez (RG570, JS1000, RG7620, LACS Devin Townsend RG, SR405)
3 ESP/LTD (H-330FM, USA V-II NT, Original Series Arrow)
1 Chapman (Ghost Fret)
2 Schecter (KM7 Mk I FRS, KM7 Mk III Artist)
1 EBMM (Majesty 7)

Also have another ESP USA and a CS Jackson on order, and contemplating a FGN. Probably going to be moving on from the LTD and Chapman soon, and perhaps the RG7620.

I mostly build my own guitars these days, so I've sold most of my factory build guitars to make room for my own, although I've probably sold what I was willing to sell, the rest I'll keep.

Brands:
  • Fender Stratocaster MIJ, black, rosewood neck, big headstock. I bought it in the late 80's so I reckon it must be vintage by now. One of a pair I used to own, but the other one, which I planned to take with me into the grave, got stolen. Nicknamed it Tuco, after the Ugly from the Good, the Bad & the Ugly, the best movie EVER made.
  • Fender Stratocaster Lite Ash MIK, black, maple V-shaped neck. Currently my take it with me into the grave guitar. Bought it 2nd hand for €500 and outfitted it with Lace Sensor pickups, as I was in a Radiohead tribute band and this was my main axe back then. Words cannot describe how much I loath big necks, but I have to admit, this V-shaped necks feels great. Thick and yet thin in the hand. Nicknamed Faith after the dark haired Slayer from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
  • Fender Stratocaster, MIJ, natural lacquered wood, big headstock. One of my most modded guitars. Had a Fernandes Sustainer for a long time and a bridge humbucker, all of which had to be routed. Has the thinnest most comfortable neck I've ever encountered on a Fender, almost like an Ibanez. Nicknamed Buffy, from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer show.
  • Fender Telecaster Lite Ash MIK, natural lacquered wood. Probably my most modded guitar. Outfitted with Bareknuckle Pickups Mississippi Queen P90's (get them if you can, they sound awesome), a new 6 saddle bridge which required me to redrill the holes for the through hole strings, and of course a MIDI screen touch pad from Amptone. Nicknamed Laura.

Custom builds:
  • Warmoth/eBay build Stratocaster, chrome paintjob, maple neck with big headstock. My first foray into custom builds with crazy gizmos inside. I sourced the body, neck and parts and had a luthier assemble it. Ibanez Edge Pro bridge w. locking nut, lace sensor pickups and a Fernandes sustainer. Also has a built in Zvex Fuzz Factory clone. Has Evil Strat written on its headstock as its logo.
  • A Chinese Manson Mattocaster clone in military green. It was an experiment to see how an Aliexpress guitar would work out. Now I know. It hangs in my living room as decoration. Which is all it is good for.

Own builds:
I'm a huge Warhammer nut, so all my own guitar builds are Warhammer 40K themed, usually in the colors and heraldry of my favorite Space Marine chapters.
  • Stratocaster, HSS with rosewood neck with big headstock, which all my Strat builds have. Decked out in the colors of the Blood Ravens Chapter. Bareknuckle Pickups Nailbomb bridge pickup, Fernandes Sustainer and an Amptone MIDI touch screen.
  • Stratocaster SSS, rosewood neck with big headstock, decked out in the colors and heraldy of the Crimson Fists. Ibanez Lo Pro Edge bridge w. locking nut, Fender Texas Specials neck and middle pickup, Seymour Duncan SS5 bridge pickup. Has a preamp I built inside for boosts, although I've forgotten which one. Could be an EP-3 clone? Also has a Crybaby wah circuit inside where I can reverse the in- and output, to get David Gilmour style seagul screams
  • Stratocaster HHH, maple neck with big headstock, decked out in the colors and heraldy of the Black Templars. Bareknuckle Pickups Nailbomb bridge pickup and a BNP Mississippi Queen P90 neck pickup. Zvex Fuzz Factory clone and Crybaby Wah circuits inside.
  • 7 string Telecaster, HS, maple neck. Decked out in the colors and heraldry of the Space Wolves. First time I built my own neck, because for some strange reason 7 string Tele necks do not exist on the commercial market. Bareknuckle Pickups Nailbomb bridge pickup and a Sustainiac Sustainer system.
  • Telecaster, maple neck, decked out in the colors and heraldry of the White Scars. Not so much a build but a reworked and repainted old Squier Tele that was in dire need of a fix me up. No electronic gizmos, just a set of Fender Texas Specials pickups.
  • Stratocaster, maple neck with reversed big headstock in the colors of the Dark Angels 1st company, the Deathwing. Fernandes Sustainer and a pair of Manson P90's that can be set as a humbucker.
  • Telecaser, rosewood neck in the colors and heraldry of the Imperial Fists. Was actually my first ever guitar build (more like modified assembly of sourced parts), but as time and experience moved on I no longer liked the way it looked, so I built it a new guitar body with a superior paint job. Gizmos include a Fernandes Sustainer, Bareknuckle Pickups Nailbomb bridge pickup and a Zvex Fuzz Factory clone.
  • Stratocaster, HSS, rosewood neck with big headstock in the colors of the Raptors chapter. Fernandes Sustainer, Lace Sensor pickups and an Amptone MIDI touchpad.
  • Jazz Bass, built from a Thomann kit, as I wanted a bass guitar but didn't want to buy one, not even a cheap Squier. And by getting a kit I could build one myself. In white with Imperial Guard slogans and regalia.
  • Jazz Master, rosewood neck, in the colors of the Order of the Sacred Rose of the Adepta Sororitas. Has a set of Guitar Fetish P90's, Zvex Fuzz Factory and a DAM Meathead clone inside.
  • Explorer, maple neck, in the colors of the Aeldari Craftworld Ulthwé. Nothing fancy, only a set of Guitar Fetish PAF humbuckers.

I currently have another 4 guitars in various stages of construction. I thought that would see me through for the year and have them finished somewhere in 2021. That was before I suddenly had oceans of time thanks to corona.
Fantastic got any pics of those builds?

1 Strandberg or Sandberg a fake one i belive. Bought in Uppsala in the late 80s for 300$.
1 Harley benton SC kit 100$
Dont want to come in here as a newbie and outshine everybody, but it is what it is :rolleyes:

1 Strandberg or Sandberg a fake one i belive. Bought in Uppsala in the late 80s for 300$.
1 Harley benton SC kit 100$
Dont want to come in here as a newbie and outshine everybody, but it is what it is :rolleyes:
Turns out it is a real Strandberg. I contacted the strandberg support and he himself answered, wich was fantastic cool of him. Made my day!

Crap, I need to open a guitar shop :cool: I know I'm missing some, but off the top of my head
BC Rich USA Neon Drip Warlock
BC Rich USA Snakeskin Warlock
BC Rich USA Warlock (80's neckthrough)
BC Rich USA Candy Apple Red Warlock
BC Rich USA white Mockingbird
BC Rich USA St3 (burned wood)
BC Rich USA St3 (blue metallic)
BC Rich USA St3 (Early 80's neckthrough)
BC Rich 80's NJ warlock
Charvel rainbow crackle (80's)
ESP maverick (Vernon Reid)
ESP Wilton (original Custom shop w/ glow in dark skulls)
ESP mirage Deluxe
George Lynch MOM tribute
G&L s500 (american first year of the model)
Hamer USA with gotoh floyd
Hamer USA Blitz (custom graphics)
Hamer USA Scarab (bengal paint)
Hondo II professional
Ibanez JEM (1987 777SK shocking pink first year)
Ibanez 570
Ibanez Agent (70's Scroll headstock Les Paul)
Ibanez proline pearl pink Rhoads V
Ibanez Reb Beach model
Ibanez Roadstar II
Ibanez star
Ibanez Acoustic/electric
Jackson Rhoades V (japanese w/ EMG 81/85)
Jackson RR1 USA
Jackson Kelly (Japanese w/ custom checkerboard balckhole paintjob)
Jackson Kelly (USA Marty Friedman limited edition neckthrough w/ Floyd)
JTV Variax 89F
Kramer Aluminum neck
Kramer USA with floyd
Kramer Baretta (1st year)
Kramer Nighswan
Kramer Ferrington
Peavey Vandenberg floyd trem
Peavey Vandenberg Original trem
Peavey Wolfgang (American purple flame archtop)
Peavey Wolfgang (American gold top archtop)
Peavey Wolfgang american special (blue w/ ghost flames)
Rickenbacker
Steinberger USA
Washburn "explorer"
I like your style.. which is your favorites?

I like your style.. which is your favorites?
The neon drip (Was sky blue when I bought it, had it refinished purple, hand built cracked mirror finish, back to purple and now the drip) was my first BC Rich. No matter what I buy, I always come back to her. The warlock shape is SO comfortable to play on stage, especially being able to have my leg in the lower cut during solos. The JEM has a neck almost identical to my Rich, so it's great
I LOVE the pyramid inlays in the neck.

At the moment:
1 Jackson SLX 8 string soloist
1 LTD MH-1007 7 string
1 Ibanez RG350FM
1 Ibanez SR505 5 string bass
1 Seagull S6 Original acoustic
1 Fender CD60 acoustic electric (beach guitar)

Next on my GAS list is some HSS strat/ a G&L Comanche

More than I need, multiples of some brands... USA, MIJ, Korean, one Indonesian made guitar that is surprisingly stellar.

Charvel
Jackson
Washburn
B.C Rich
Kramer

The neon drip (Was sky blue when I bought it, had it refinished purple, hand built cracked mirror finish, back to purple and now the drip) was my first BC Rich. No matter what I buy, I always come back to her. The warlock shape is SO comfortable to play on stage, especially being able to have my leg in the lower cut during solos. The JEM has a neck almost identical to my Rich, so it's great
I LOVE the pyramid inlays in the neck.
That's good to know the BC Rich plays like the original JEM. I've never played a BC Rich but have played several original JEMS. I love those pyramids too... I wish they would reissue the pink JEM777SK with the pyramids.

Was there a lot of famous 80s metal guys playing BC Rich? Wonder what was the most popular brand and model back in the day?

Do you have pics of these guitars? I didn't see them if you did.

Was there a lot of famous 80s metal guys playing BC Rich? Wonder what was the most popular brand and model back in the day?
As a guitarist that was metal-focused during that time, I can tell you that the pointier guitar the better! :)

Ibanez, Jackson / Charvel, BC Rich were all in high favor during that era.

I think BC Rich was the most "metal looking" guitars as they didn't focus so much on traditional shapes. The Warlock, Mockingbird and Bich were fairly original and appealing shapes.

The first guitar I ever bought brand new was a black Mockingbird with a Kahler trem.

Gibson les Paul gothic studio 2002 model
Gibson les Paul standard 2018 blood orange burst
Ibanez JS 24p in candy apple red
Jackson Adrian Smith DXQM with green flame (cheap one!)
Epiphone Flying V (bought in 1992- can’t bring myself to part with it as it’s the first ‘decent’ guitar I ever bought when I was 16)

Attachments

• EC0B1745-D06D-4FF5-A71B-BE7FCCFA4CA0.jpeg
    EC0B1745-D06D-4FF5-A71B-BE7FCCFA4CA0.jpeg
    847 KB · Views: 5
  • 4DB23AD2-D2B7-40F5-A5F7-C7C25371FFBE.jpeg
    4DB23AD2-D2B7-40F5-A5F7-C7C25371FFBE.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • 3C97160D-3785-48BD-A647-5EEAD0560AE6.jpeg
    3C97160D-3785-48BD-A647-5EEAD0560AE6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
That's good to know the BC Rich plays like the original JEM. I've never played a BC Rich but have played several original JEMS. I love those pyramids too... I wish they would reissue the pink JEM777SK with the pyramids.

Do you have pics of these guitars? I didn't see them if you did.
Here are some of them...NOT the best pictures, but you'll get an idea. I can't find a pic of my neck through warlock or ST III.

Attachments

• blue stiii front shrunk.jpg
    blue stiii front shrunk.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 15
  • brown stiii front shrunk.jpg
    brown stiii front shrunk.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Hamer Explorer shrunk.jpg
    Hamer Explorer shrunk.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 14
  • front shrunk.jpg
    front shrunk.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Jem front Shrunk.jpg
    Jem front Shrunk.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 15
  • me & skull guitar shrunk.jpg
    me & skull guitar shrunk.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 16
  • mockingbird front shrunk.jpg
    mockingbird front shrunk.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Neon Drip Warlock front shrunk.jpg
    Neon Drip Warlock front shrunk.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Red Warlock Front Shrunk.jpg
    Red Warlock Front Shrunk.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Snakeskin BC Rich front shrunk.jpg
    Snakeskin BC Rich front shrunk.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 14
PRS Custom 24 (25th anniversary)
PRS CE 22
Gibson 335
Sadowsky Semi-hollow
Martin 000-18 retro
Fender Elite Precision Bass

Guitars:

PRS Tremonti
Fender Strat Standard
Fender Tele Standard
Fender Jazzmaster Ultra
Ibanez Jem
Ibanez RG550 (1992 Japanese)
Ibanez Destroyer
D'Angelico SS Excel
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Gibson LP Standard
Gibson SG
Gibson LP Studio
Epiphone ES335 Dot
James Tyler Variax
Schechter Research Diamond 007 Elite
Godin xtSA
Hamer Sunburst A/T P90 Goldtop
Parker Dragonfly Series DF724BB
Jackson Surfcaster Custom (only 2 made for a NAMM show a long time ago - cherry quilt top, mahogany neck, Seymour Dunkin Bridge HB (single stack) w/ coil tap, P90 Bridge, trem and locking tuners)

Spectre 5 String Bass
Variax Bass

Manuel Rodriguez FF cut Classical
Yamaha Classical
Taylor 410ce
Takamine EAN10c
Ovation Balladeer
And a brand new baby: Gretsch Falcon Players Edition falcon.png

Back
Top Bottom