Guitars: how many and brands?

I've got way more than I need but it amuses me to have them. I like building parts guitars. I've also got guitars from Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, etc.

1 Tele G&L
1 Strat SSS squier "boosted"
1 Strat HSH Fender Jap
1 LP Schecter
1 J200 Epiphone
1 lapsteel Gretsch
1 resonator Harley Benton "Boosted"
1 Banjo Epiphone
1 Portuguese Coimbra

I admit that the acoustic part ha not much been played over the last years

Umm never actually thought to check. I got rid of most of my guitars a few years ago and they are starting to collect again. But with regards to electric guitars:

A Gibson Les Paul, A couple of Fenders (one Japanese 62 and a USA Tele), Ibanez RGA Prestige.

To be perfectly honest though: Aside from maybe hankering for a hollow bodied guitar, maybe a PRS and maybe a guitar with a 2 point trem system (either another Strat or a Suhr or something similar) I cant imagine wanting or needing any more electrics and that would be me lacking a lot of imagination.

I play lots of instruments though and want to learn clarinet and cello and pick up a new sax or maybe a Jazz Bass ...that and other things are much higher in the list than more electric guitars.

I mean you can only really play one (maybe 4 badly and at a stretch) at a time and if we are honest about it. Approaching 10 guitars (which including basses and acoustics I am well over and have been over with electrics too) you really are running out of legitimate excuses unless you are either a touring musician or run a studio and I am not touring and my studio is not being used by anyone except me.

Last edited:
Here's my current stable, although as usual I've swapped out pickups since this photo.

Fender Strat - Dimarzio Area 61 neck/middle and either Chopper or Virtual Solo bridge for noisless
Charvel DK24 - Duncan 59 Custom Hybrid bridge and Jazz neck kept in Eb tuning for hard rock
PRS CE-24 - Friedman Classic hot PAF's, my main guitar
Gibson LP Tribute - Wolfetone Dr Vintage low output PAF's
Fender Tele - Dimarzio Area T pickups with 615 bridge for noiseless

Not in love with the Charvel and I have dreams of upgrading it to a PRS Custom 24 or DGT. Also really would like to find a great 335.

50563430091_d4cf467d84_b.jpg

Guitars:

PRS Tremonti
Fender Strat Standard
Fender Tele Standard
Fender Jazzmaster Ultra
Ibanez Jem
Ibanez RG550 (1992 Japanese)
Ibanez Destroyer
D'Angelico SS Excel
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Gibson LP Standard
Gibson SG
Gibson LP Studio
Epiphone ES335 Dot
James Tyler Variax
Schechter Research Diamond 007 Elite
Godin xtSA
Hamer Sunburst A/T P90 Goldtop
Parker Dragonfly Series DF724BB
Jackson Surfcaster Custom (only 2 made for a NAMM show a long time ago - cherry quilt top, mahogany neck, Seymour Dunkin Bridge HB (single stack) w/ coil tap, P90 Bridge, trem and locking tuners)

Spectre 5 String Bass
Variax Bass

Manuel Rodriguez FF cut Classical
Yamaha Classical
Taylor 410ce
Takamine EAN10c
Ovation Balladeer

Just bought this:
s-l1600.jpg

What model is that? I have a Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HH HT M QM Purple Phaze which is one of the best guitars I own. I really like how easy it is to adjust the truss rod and how the output jack is on the back of the guitar, so the guitar cable isn't at a right angle when wrapped around the guitar strap.

Pro-Mod DK24 HH HT M QM.jpg

What model is that? I have a Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HH HT M QM Purple Phaze which is one of the best guitars I own. I really like how easy it is to adjust the truss rod and how the output jack is on the back of the guitar, so the guitar cable isn't at a right angle when wrapped around the guitar strap.

View attachment 77418
It looks like a custom shop. Definitely made in USA.

It looks like a custom shop. Definitely made in USA.
Those guitars are in the Suhr / Anderson / PRS price range, too...

But I love my MIM DK-24 so much that I'm considering the $3800-ish for one of these instead of an Anderson which is where I'd been leaning.

The neck is the best I've ever experienced...

Those guitars are in the Suhr / Anderson / PRS price range, too...

But I love my MIM DK-24 so much that I'm considering the $3800-ish for one of these instead of an Anderson which is where I'd been leaning.

The neck is the best I've ever experienced...
I love my Andersons but if I had to choose I might go with the Charvel. Extremely impressed. Neck is phenomenal. Perfect combination of pickups and impeccable build quality.

Those modern Charvels are extremely nice, but, if you guys have the funds, you owe it to yourself to contact the man himself: Wayne Charvel

I have one of his superstrats and it's simply amazing.

His shop in Paradise Caliornia burned down recently during the wildfires and I'm sure he appreciates any new orders he gets.

I think it's the Charvel USA Select DK24 Autumn Glow.

Full Shred in the bridge and SSL-6 in the single coil positions. Very interesting pickup choices. I remember Vivian Campbell being a huge Full Shred fan. His nightswan guitar features probably the oddest pickup combo ever: Full Shred bridge and JB middle.

http://www.buddyblaze.com/shop/shredder-25th-anniversary-vc-polka-dot/

I love my Andersons but if I had to choose I might go with the Charvel. Extremely impressed. Neck is phenomenal. Perfect combination of pickups and impeccable build quality.
I recently completed a Telecaster Partscaster, where I used a MIM Fender roasted maple neck. If the Charvel neck is anything like this neck, I'd be interested In checking one out. The craftsmanship of this one is insane for the price. I have the relief set at about 0.002 and the action slammed with absolutely no fret buzz.

That's really interesting to hear. I've always considered Andersons to be some of the best made guitars in the world. "Mathematically perfect" is basically how I describe them to people. I've played a few that were so good they almost didn't feel real.

It's cool to hear a brand like Charvel can make something that compares well to that high bar.

Back
Top Bottom