Guitars: how many and brands?

Ibanez JEM7V
Ibanez SZ320 (which gets more use than most other guitars because it’s a BEAST)
Ibanez RG470 (older, MIJ model)
Fender MIM Strat (My first good guitar from ‘95. I re-finished the neck and body to vintage specs and taught myself how to refret with it)
OLP Petrucci (My wife bought it for me years ago for a birthday gift, replaced the tuners with locking ones and blocked the trem, in drop-B)
Jackson 7-string (No clue on the model, it’s a Dinky, needs new tuners to be useful. Another gift from the wife)
Breedlove acoustic ($400 guitar and sounds and plays amazing)
Warwick Streamer Standard 5-string
Johnson 12-string acoustic (bought it off a former boss for $50 so I could record an intro to a song with it)

Have my eyes set on another Strat or Tele in the future, and most definitely a Solar E-type because I’ve fallen in love with Explorers in the last couple years.

How many guitars and brands do you own? GO !!!

5 Electrics, 2 Acoustics, 1 Bass:
  • PRS 513
  • PRS Hollowbody II
  • Ibanez RG550DXL Genesis
  • .strandberg Boden-7 KOR
  • Squier Bullet Strat (5YO's ;) )
  • Taylor 314KCE (2000 Hawaiian Koa [gorgeous])
  • Ibanez EW20ZWENT
  • Ibanez SR500E 5-string bass
All good, all hard case except 2 ;)

Yeesh.

I have a USA Jackson SL-2H I modified, and a Strat.

Outside that, a high-end Takamine classical, one of the Dean acoustics from back when they were trying to jump up into a higher-end acoustic market, and an Ibanez Soundgear 5-string bass.

Feeling pretty outclassed, or at least outspent, here.

On the other hand, I've never lacked for what I needed at the time.

On the third hand, I would find myself lacking if either a Tele or a Jazz-Box were really necessary.

Then again, how can a guitarist go wrong, if he has three hands?

;)

3 Ibanez (UV777BK, RG752AHM, SR1305 Bass)
1 Gibson (Les Paul Classic Plus)
1 Kramer (Import Baretta, loaded with aftermarket parts)
1 Schecter (C-1 SLS Elite)
2 Charvel (both DK24 Pro Mods, 1x HSS modded to a PSS, and 1x HSH about to sell)
1 Taylor (214ce)
1 Jasmine (no idea what model, doesn't sound great, but nice turquoise figured maple top)

modded squier surf strat VM
japstrat de luxe
G&L Asat classic deluxe
Schecter solo custom ii
J200 Epiphone
A nobrand resonator
Gretsch lapsteel
Epiphone banjo
Sub bass
A portugese 12 string Lisbon

Ahah and....One Axe Fx II ! Waiting patiently for a FM3.

I mostly build my own guitars these days, so I've sold most of my factory build guitars to make room for my own, although I've probably sold what I was willing to sell, the rest I'll keep.

Brands:
  • Fender Stratocaster MIJ, black, rosewood neck, big headstock. I bought it in the late 80's so I reckon it must be vintage by now. One of a pair I used to own, but the other one, which I planned to take with me into the grave, got stolen. Nicknamed it Tuco, after the Ugly from the Good, the Bad & the Ugly, the best movie EVER made.
  • Fender Stratocaster Lite Ash MIK, black, maple V-shaped neck. Currently my take it with me into the grave guitar. Bought it 2nd hand for €500 and outfitted it with Lace Sensor pickups, as I was in a Radiohead tribute band and this was my main axe back then. Words cannot describe how much I loath big necks, but I have to admit, this V-shaped necks feels great. Thick and yet thin in the hand. Nicknamed Faith after the dark haired Slayer from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
  • Fender Stratocaster, MIJ, natural lacquered wood, big headstock. One of my most modded guitars. Had a Fernandes Sustainer for a long time and a bridge humbucker, all of which had to be routed. Has the thinnest most comfortable neck I've ever encountered on a Fender, almost like an Ibanez. Nicknamed Buffy, from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer show.
  • Fender Telecaster Lite Ash MIK, natural lacquered wood. Probably my most modded guitar. Outfitted with Bareknuckle Pickups Mississippi Queen P90's (get them if you can, they sound awesome), a new 6 saddle bridge which required me to redrill the holes for the through hole strings, and of course a MIDI screen touch pad from Amptone. Nicknamed Laura.

Custom builds:
  • Warmoth/eBay build Stratocaster, chrome paintjob, maple neck with big headstock. My first foray into custom builds with crazy gizmos inside. I sourced the body, neck and parts and had a luthier assemble it. Ibanez Edge Pro bridge w. locking nut, lace sensor pickups and a Fernandes sustainer. Also has a built in Zvex Fuzz Factory clone. Has Evil Strat written on its headstock as its logo.
  • A Chinese Manson Mattocaster clone in military green. It was an experiment to see how an Aliexpress guitar would work out. Now I know. It hangs in my living room as decoration. Which is all it is good for.

Own builds:
I'm a huge Warhammer nut, so all my own guitar builds are Warhammer 40K themed, usually in the colors and heraldry of my favorite Space Marine chapters.
  • Stratocaster, HSS with rosewood neck with big headstock, which all my Strat builds have. Decked out in the colors of the Blood Ravens Chapter. Bareknuckle Pickups Nailbomb bridge pickup, Fernandes Sustainer and an Amptone MIDI touch screen.
  • Stratocaster SSS, rosewood neck with big headstock, decked out in the colors and heraldy of the Crimson Fists. Ibanez Lo Pro Edge bridge w. locking nut, Fender Texas Specials neck and middle pickup, Seymour Duncan SS5 bridge pickup. Has a preamp I built inside for boosts, although I've forgotten which one. Could be an EP-3 clone? Also has a Crybaby wah circuit inside where I can reverse the in- and output, to get David Gilmour style seagul screams
  • Stratocaster HHH, maple neck with big headstock, decked out in the colors and heraldy of the Black Templars. Bareknuckle Pickups Nailbomb bridge pickup and a BNP Mississippi Queen P90 neck pickup. Zvex Fuzz Factory clone and Crybaby Wah circuits inside.
  • 7 string Telecaster, HS, maple neck. Decked out in the colors and heraldry of the Space Wolves. First time I built my own neck, because for some strange reason 7 string Tele necks do not exist on the commercial market. Bareknuckle Pickups Nailbomb bridge pickup and a Sustainiac Sustainer system.
  • Telecaster, maple neck, decked out in the colors and heraldry of the White Scars. Not so much a build but a reworked and repainted old Squier Tele that was in dire need of a fix me up. No electronic gizmos, just a set of Fender Texas Specials pickups.
  • Stratocaster, maple neck with reversed big headstock in the colors of the Dark Angels 1st company, the Deathwing. Fernandes Sustainer and a pair of Manson P90's that can be set as a humbucker.
  • Telecaser, rosewood neck in the colors and heraldry of the Imperial Fists. Was actually my first ever guitar build (more like modified assembly of sourced parts), but as time and experience moved on I no longer liked the way it looked, so I built it a new guitar body with a superior paint job. Gizmos include a Fernandes Sustainer, Bareknuckle Pickups Nailbomb bridge pickup and a Zvex Fuzz Factory clone.
  • Stratocaster, HSS, rosewood neck with big headstock in the colors of the Raptors chapter. Fernandes Sustainer, Lace Sensor pickups and an Amptone MIDI touchpad.
  • Jazz Bass, built from a Thomann kit, as I wanted a bass guitar but didn't want to buy one, not even a cheap Squier. And by getting a kit I could build one myself. In white with Imperial Guard slogans and regalia.
  • Jazz Master, rosewood neck, in the colors of the Order of the Sacred Rose of the Adepta Sororitas. Has a set of Guitar Fetish P90's, Zvex Fuzz Factory and a DAM Meathead clone inside.
  • Explorer, maple neck, in the colors of the Aeldari Craftworld Ulthwé. Nothing fancy, only a set of Guitar Fetish PAF humbuckers.

I currently have another 4 guitars in various stages of construction. I thought that would see me through for the year and have them finished somewhere in 2021. That was before I suddenly had oceans of time thanks to corona.

hmm, Ill look around my room:
music man JP 11 stealth
Bc rich warbeast
bc rich v
bc rich super strat type
bc rich zolton bathory
2 gibson lespauls one of em 1972/2 sunburst,
Ibanez original Jem white , ebony
Ibanez 7 string
ibanez rg premium x2
ibanez prestige x1
esp custom horizon
esp ec1000
esp Jeff Hannemen
esp mirage
esp bass
esp white super strat
esp/edwards super strat
Jackson soloist yellow
Jackson soloist pro black
Jackson 7 string neon green
Jackson Warrior
Washburn super strat
Washburn Ola Englund
Washburn 'faceless' kind
schecter Nick Johnston
2 acoustics

Ok I got sometime to kil.......
DUESENBERG TV star player

DANELECTRO

JAMSTIK. Studio midi

FENDER
Triple play strat
jeff Beck sig strat
81 Mexican superstrat
Reclaimed redwood Strat
CS Jazzmaster
CS relic tele
50th anniversary Jaguar

GODIN
Triple play Tele style
nylon Multiac 13 pin
LGXT 13-pin
XTsa 13-pin
11-string fretlees

GIBSON
59 LP Burst CS
57 LP Goldtop CS
Zappa RoxySG
78 SG stamdard
Joe Perry sig

PRS
2008 Hollowbody II
Silver Sky
hollowbody Special 22

IBANEZ
JS CHromeboy
Jem (2)

CASIO
PG380 Synth guitar

CARVIN
holdsworth headless
Vader 7 string

BENEDETTO
Andy elite mini archtop
Bravo archtop

CAPARISON 6

EPIPHONE
Dot deluxe

NYSTRUM sea foam

SANKEY
Peregrine

HAMER 94 Special

STRANDBERG
metal 6 headless
boden

RICK TURNER
model 1
Bass

PARKER fly mojo

MARTIN D35

Rainsong carbon acoustic

SUHR
Classic Pro
Satin Modern
Guthrie govan Rasmus

Tom ANDERSON. Tele style

Ovation 12
Adamas 6

SCHECTER something w sustainer

MUSICMAN Majesty (2)

STEINBERGER
KALA Ukelele Bass

VIGIER Surfreter Fretless

TOKAI tele with whammy

Couple Variaxa
LikeLy forgot a couple......

Last edited:
I am clearly in the wrong line of work.
Almost every Ibanez I own was bought used or built from used parts. Aside from 2 that were bought new, I think I paid at most $400 for any one of them.

And they were top-tier when they were produced and still hold up. Those MIJs are quality that's affordable if you're patient. I've been "collecting" them for almost 30 years.

So, 90%+ of my guitars cost me maybe $10k over 30 years... ;)

The Suhr and PRS (bought used) are half that amount in 2 years.

I have a 1965 Gibson byrdland just like Ted Nugents and a 1988 PRS standard black all mahogany with a brazilain roasewood finger board, and a Ernie ball music man majesty blue, a kesiel LM6 with the piezo ghost system, a Epiphone Joe Bannamasa Flying V , a Ovation Preacher Stereo Mahogany, and a hand made Classical guitar, And a couple squires.
Let's see a picture of that Byrdland! :D

Marler Acoustic Dreadnaught #25
Marler Classical
Marler Strat Style
Fifty Two Barncaster
Fretlight Strat Style
ESP LTD EC-1000
1977 Les Paul Custom
Ibanez SR500M Bass
Mullen Discovery Steel Guitar

Almost every Ibanez I own was bought used or built from used parts. Aside from 2 that were bought new, I think I paid at most $400 for any one of them.

And they were top-tier when they were produced and still hold up. Those MIJs are quality that's affordable if you're patient. I've been "collecting" them for almost 30 years.

So, 90%+ of my guitars cost me maybe $10k over 30 years... ;)

The Suhr and PRS (bought used) are half that amount in 2 years.
Well played sir!

And I'm sure they still are being that :)

I had a 2007 ESP KH-2 in mint condition but sold it for more than twice what I bought it for. My caparison TAT II will eat the ESP KH-2 for lunch.

I saw some one on craigs list in florida that was selling a Gibson les paul custom that was owned by Billy Duffy about a year ago. I wanted it really bad.

Back
Top Bottom