Guitars: how many and brands?

I lost all mine in an unfortunate boating accident.

Oh wait. This is a thread about guitars, not guns. Never mind. :D

I’m trying to thin the herd so I’m down to...

‘69 Martin D35 (in great condition that I’ve had since the early ‘80s)
Taylor acoustic (but I don’t remember the model, but named “Matilda”)
Taylor GS-Mini (this and the previous Taylor were unmercifully tweaked by my favorite guitar tech for fast action and better projection)

Fender American Deluxe Strat with Mojotone ‘59 clone pickups (heavy as hell and sounds great)
Custom Walsh Strat (with Raw Vintage ‘59 pickups) (a possible candidate for the chopping block)
Home built Strat (I forget what pickups and definitely on the chopping block)

PRS DGT (gold top that’s beat up and sings)
PRS Studio (killer guitar and real fun and the primary reason two Strats are on the chopping block)
PRS SC-245 (a likely candidate on the chopping block because I found a 594 I really like)
PRS 509 (Jack of all trades and master of none and to be blamed secondarily for two of the Strats’ dire circumstances. :) )

I usually have at least one of the PRS on a stand where I can grab it fast.

I got some new ships for the fleet.
20210331_155216.jpg
My take on a Les Paul, but better, with better accessibility in the upper frets, a thinner neck and a tummy cut. Decked out in the colors of the Aeldari Craftworld of Iyanden. Probably one of the few good guys in the Warhammer 40.000 universe and probably why in the lore they are one of the most screwed over factions. Literally most of their population has been killed, forcing them to rely on their dead to fight for them via robotic constructs.

20210331_155227.jpg Hardware wise its got a a toggle killswitch where normally the pickup selector would be. Also a Shadow killpot as a volume knob as a kill switch. Internally it has a Gregg Fryer treble booster in case I want to drive a tube amp into overdrive, with the tone pot also being a push pull pot to bring in the treble booster. Has a Guitar Fetish Dream 90 P90 pickup as the neck pickup and a VEH extra hot humbucker as the bridge pickup. Topside of the body is black limba wood stained yellow, with the sides stained blue. The body underneath is basswood making for a very light guitar. The 12th fret marker on this guitar is of the Aeldari god of the Dead, Ynnead. Which seemed appropriate for Iyanden.

20210331_155236.jpg
Maple neck with wenge fretboard, and Iyanden symbol as a 5th fret inlay, done with a 3D pen. I've added a birchwood veneer to the headstock. Guitar Fetish locking tuners and my E.A. logo to the thrusrod cover. Created from multiple veneers glued together.

20210331_155259.jpg
Various Aeldari runes inlaid with a 3D pen. I've used Crimson Guitars wipe on lacquer to finish off the guitar, including for the first time to the neck, and I am very pleased with the product. Dries up and becomes sand-able very quickly.

20210331_155330.jpg
As usual I went for a bolt on neck, it's what I am familiar with and I like that I can take the neck off when I want too. I made a mistake with the control cavity as it should be orientated the other way. Which made finding a spot for the battery box very hard.

20210331_155434.jpg
For the piece de restistance, LED's for fretmarkers in the neck and to illuminate the cavities inside the body.

Attachments

• 20210331_155201.jpg
    20210331_155201.jpg
    1,022 KB · Views: 3
The other new ship for the fleet.

20210331_154626.jpg
Decked out in the glorious colors of the Order of the Bloody Rose, the female Adepta Soritas, a.k.a. Nuns with Guns from Warhammer 40.000.

20210331_154648.jpg
Made from a gorgeous piece of zebrano wood, stained red and then finished with an oil finish. After that I made the inscriptions with a dremel and colored those black. Originally I wanted to use a laser engraver I got off Aliexpress, but Aliexpress lives up to its name. So I went with the engraving, and I think it came out well. A pair of Guitarfetish Dream 90 P90 pickups, my usual toggle and shadow kill pot kill switches and internally the Gregg Fryer treblebooster circuit again to drive a tube amp. This treblebooster has the advantage of using a BC239C silicon transistor, so no need to be bothered with finicky the right leakage germanium transistors. And Brian May uses it now, which is an additional bonus.

20210331_154732.jpg
Side engravings.

20210331_154748.jpg
My E.A. Guitars logo

20210331_154804.jpg
Bless the sinner as he burns. Cause the Nuns with Guns love to burn stuff.

20210331_154814.jpg
Emblems and symbols were all engraved using a dremel.

20210331_154846.jpg
Zebrano wood has an incredible wood grain, which the red stain kinda covered up, but you can still see it. I was very lucky to get this piece of wood. I recently went back to the wood shop and all the available zebrano wood piece they had were sawn the other way around. So you only get to see this incredible wood grain on the sides. Not that I am going to do another guitar using this type of wood. It's quite heavy and can splinter quite easily when routing it. It also releases a sort of urine smell when you saw or rout in it. As the wood store says, if it weren't for the wood grain people would only use this wood for pellets.

20210331_155112.jpg Red LED's as fretboard markers. Now that I know how to do it I want to do it on all of my guitar builds.

20210331_155058.jpg
Together with my trusty assistant for Zoom meetings and workouts, citizen G'Kar.

The other new ship for the fleet.

View attachment 80888
Decked out in the glorious colors of the Order of the Bloody Rose, the female Adepta Soritas, a.k.a. Nuns with Guns from Warhammer 40.000.

View attachment 80889
Made from a gorgeous piece of zebrano wood, stained red and then finished with an oil finish. After that I made the inscriptions with a dremel and colored those black. Originally I wanted to use a laser engraver I got off Aliexpress, but Aliexpress lives up to its name. So I went with the engraving, and I think it came out well. A pair of Guitarfetish Dream 90 P90 pickups, my usual toggle and shadow kill pot kill switches and internally the Gregg Fryer treblebooster circuit again to drive a tube amp. This treblebooster has the advantage of using a BC239C silicon transistor, so no need to be bothered with finicky the right leakage germanium transistors. And Brian May uses it now, which is an additional bonus.

View attachment 80891
Side engravings.

View attachment 80892
My E.A. Guitars logo

View attachment 80893
Bless the sinner as he burns. Cause the Nuns with Guns love to burn stuff.

View attachment 80894
Emblems and symbols were all engraved using a dremel.

View attachment 80895
Zebrano wood has an incredible wood grain, which the red stain kinda covered up, but you can still see it. I was very lucky to get this piece of wood. I recently went back to the wood shop and all the available zebrano wood piece they had were sawn the other way around. So you only get to see this incredible wood grain on the sides. Not that I am going to do another guitar using this type of wood. It's quite heavy and can splinter quite easily when routing it. It also releases a sort of urine smell when you saw or rout in it. As the wood store says, if it weren't for the wood grain people would only use this wood for pellets.

View attachment 80897 Red LED's as fretboard markers. Now that I know how to do it I want to do it on all of my guitar builds.

View attachment 80896
Together with my trusty assistant for Zoom meetings and workouts, citizen G'Kar.
Those are great, nice work!

Do you build to sell, or only for yourself?

I tend to keep my total low, just a handful for variety (yeah, yeah, when you look at my stash they're all basically super strats lol, pretty redundant - but they're all different body woods, fretboards, pickups, etc....all the reasons you use when explaining to your lady why you just had to add another ;))

Guitars.jpg

Last edited:
Damn - with all the amazing and expensive motorcycles, guitars and gear I see on this form It is pretty obvious that Fractal is the choice of a lot of very serious individuals.
It makes me look at my little FM3 device in a different way when I know people with a refined taste for high end things are using the same exact thing or it’s bigger brother.
Its hard to imagine the Line 6 community having this demographic.
Due to my very average income I have to keep things relatively cheap and simple with newer Low-end Gibson and early 70’s Marshall.-
and now Fractal too.
Mostly due to the fact that my ears are frightfully close to being useless for making music and playing guitar-
so why invest too much now when it will only end in heartache eventually.
If that was not the case I probably would have found a way to get the Paul Kosoff Les Paul and the Tony Iommi SG a decade ago when they were still around and for half the price.
Although I do have something that intentionally kind of resembles my dream guitars .
A totally stock Premium Plus and a modded 24 fret SG with maple cap tuned to C# standard.
And I am getting a motorcycle now after seeing everyone’s-
but unfortunately it will have to be something quiet and cheap.

Attachments

• ADBEB2EE-41C4-429E-BBC4-6DBAA71BF068.jpeg
    ADBEB2EE-41C4-429E-BBC4-6DBAA71BF068.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Three electrics: 2011 Gibson R9, 2018 Fender AO Strat, 74 Gibson SG Special
Two acoustics: 60s Guild, 90s Martin D28

My main two:
Ibanez RG752AHM (green, though the new purple they have now looks gorgeous)
Schecter C7FR (still with the stock Duncan Designed pickups, curious for any replacement recs)

Also got some old backups I don't touch often:
Yamaha (EG112 iirc, my first)
Jackson (don't remember the exact model but it's a cheaper Rhoads, might sell since I haven't touched it in years)
ESP MH250 (also haven't touched in years and might sell)

And now that the Axe has showed me just how much of a difference the guitar makes, my wish list includes:
Strandberg 8 string
a Music Man Petrucci model
any strat
Caparison
PRS
and after reading through this thread, Charvel too :)

Last edited:
I have a 1965 Gibson byrdland just like Ted Nugents and a 1988 PRS standard black all mahogany with a brazilain roasewood finger board, and a Ernie ball music man majesty blue, a kesiel LM6 with the piezo ghost system, a Epiphone Joe Bannamasa Flying V , a Ovation Preacher Stereo Mahogany, and a hand made Classical guitar, And a couple squires.

We're sort of close: My vintage Gibson is a Les Paul Custom Silverburst bought new in 81 with my grass-cutting money. The vintage PRS is an 87..., not sure what you call it. 24 frets, moon inlays, solid dark blue color, trem, with the 5-way rotary knob and small "sweet switch." Then there's the one that for the last year gets all my love, an EBMM Majesty Enchanted Forest. PRS Singlecut SE (which since having the Majesty, is a really hard-to-play guitar, not to mention, keep in tune.) A gorgeous Taylor 714ce, a Taylor 12 string, and an old Takamine.

I've had mine updated!
I recently sold 3 of my Fender CS guitars to a collector and the other went to a trade for a new guitar. I also sold my Henrik Charvel.

I'm now at 3 with one on order.

I ended up with 4 brand new guitars...well 3 for now as the other is on order:
1- PRS Custom 24 Floyd in an amazing faded whale blue quilt
1- PRS Amberburst DW CE-24
1- Ibanez PIA in white
1- Ibanez PIA in black (on order)

To say I am happy with these guitars is beyond words. All amazing sounding and playing guitars.

I am craving for a Ritchie Blackmore Stratocaster.

I sent a Strat MIM Deluxe to a luthier to do the graduated scalloping ala Blackmore, and I loved it (better than the Yngwie full-scallop). But I sold that guitar because it had no mojo. It was an unlucky piece of timber.

Anyone here has the Ritchie Strat?

Blackmore Strat.jpeg
Strat-RB-OWT-RW-FB.jpg

Last edited:
Now I am in trouble. I am doubting between the Blackmore ($1,200 used) or a Fujigen EOS FM ($1,550 used)

Different animals, but both attractive. Unfortunately, wife rules are guitar-in-guitar-out, so only one can go in.

I guess that the quality of the FGN is above the Fender MIM. Anyone has experience with FGN guitars?

32266325_2149691375071763_9015633290610081792_n.jpg

1 Gibson Les Paul R9
1 Gibson LP Traditional
1 Gibson SG Standard
1 Gibson TV Yellow LP Special
1 PRS Core Custom 24
1 PRS CE24 Dustie Waring
1 Fender Custom Shop HSS Strat
1 Fender American Professional II Strat
1 Fender 60's Reissue Strat
1 Fender Vintera 70's Custom Tele
1 EVH Frankie Relic