Guitarjon's Tonematch/Preset request thread!

I would kill for the following presets:
Steve Vai - For The Love of God

There's a "For the Love of God" preset on Axe-Change that you could try: Axe-Change - Download Preset - For The Love Of God - by zangiamit91
I don't remember if it uses a tone match block, but I think I recall it sounding pretty good.

Or for a tutorial on how to make them on my own.
Here's the Tone Match Manual (PDF): http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-2/Axe-Fx-II-Tone-Match-Manual.pdf

Steve Vai - Tender Surrender (low and high gain)

I could very well be wrong, but I had always assumed that "Tender Surrender" used a fixed setup (with no channel switching or routing changes between sections) and the input volume (probably a volume pedal) was just rolled down for the clean parts. At the end of the loud, driven climax of the song, the level of saturation and drive smoothly transitions as the motif from the intro is repeated to lead into the ending clean part, and there are no breaks or jumps from "drive" to "clean"; just a steady lessening of drive over the course of two measures. If this is the case, that's one less tone match for you to threaten violence over!

Turns out Jammit has complete, original, isolated tracks (both rhythm and lead, separately) for Tender Surrender, Curse of the Castle Dragon, and I Cannot Tell a Lie. I have extracted segments from the latter two using Soundflower and Logic, will try to make my own matches later, stay tuned. FTLOG is nowhere to be found, though.

Reading the thread twice, is there a link to the In Flames tone match presets?

Also to help out a bit with the request for Zombie Inc clean, here's a cool isolated sample from a sit down with the artists

Keep up the great work guitarjon!

I've been getting a lot of requests lately for Tonematches due to my other Metallica tonematches.
You can find that post here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-tonematches-patches-extravaganza-v2-0-a.html

If you just can't figure out how to make a certain tonematch and you want me to make one you ca ask me here.
I will need a couple of things to make it a bit easier for me:
-A recording of an isolated guitar part that you want to have matched. (this can either be a youtube link or sent to my email, please p.m. me in that case)
-Some more info on the recording, what amp, guitar, effects etc. were used.

I have gotten requests for tones that I didn't like or that simply didn't turn out so well.
Unfortunately not every tone works out very well because of the source file or simply the guitar sound itself.
I'd rather not posts sounds that don't sound nice so sorry about that...

I've already done one request for some In Flames tones.
They can be found here:
https://soundcloud.com/guitarjon/in-flames

I've now done 2 more requests.
One is for moebius, it's a tonematch for the rhythm parts to Accept's 'Pandemic'.
The other is for RONJONES2020, it's a match for Ac/Dc's 'You shook me all night long'.
The Accept tone was done with my EMG equipped telecaster.
For the Ac/Dc one I used my les paul classic.
I hope you enjoy these tones.

I welcome more requests!
Preferably from AWESOME guitar tones!
For Recto tones I'm going to wait until the next firmware, I also have a life ;)

EDIT:
I've read that some people have difficulties when loading someone else's tonematch with another guitar.
It can be the case that the amount of gain doesn't match because of the output differences in the pick-ups, or the eq is a bit off.
This is kind of unavoidable but very easy to overcome.
Here is what you should do:

Load in the tonematch.
Use a guitar that is similar to the guitar used to do the tonematch (same types of pick-ups etc.).
Jam a bit and compare it to the soundclips I posted.
Does it sound good and is there a match? Then don't worry and play your guitar.
Does the guitar you are using have less output? Add some gain or input trim until the gain matches with the recording.
Is your guitar a bit brighter or duller then the one I used? Adjust the amp's EQ but not too much.

I posted here earlier about the Tonematch still remembering all the data from the match.
I was wrong, so if you feel that tweaking the amp eq a bit doesn't suffice you have to do both the reference and local procedure over again.
However, I think that tweaking the amp gain/imput trip, amp eq's and/or eve adding a PEQ block before the amp should be enough to get you really close with your own guitar.
I hope this helps!

I know I'm a bit late but thanks so much for this one !!! Wow, after some minor tweaking (basically trim @0.9, gain@1.9 and the addition of a enhancer block (playing with headphones) the sound is spot on with my SG /w Angus pups. Thank you again, I cant' stop playing lol !

Reading the thread twice, is there a link to the In Flames tone match presets?

Also to help out a bit with the request for Zombie Inc clean, here's a cool isolated sample from a sit down with the artists

Keep up the great work guitarjon!

A quick search did the trick ;)
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-preset-exchange/83547-requested-some-flames-tonematches.html

Also sorry everybody for not making any new matches, I'm really busy at the moment...
I would recommend everybody to try to make your own matches, it's not so hard!

Hey!

Awesome job on these ones here! Really nice results. :) Im giving you a REALLY hard ball to play, this is so juicy, andy sneap did really magic on this one ;)

Testament - 3 days in darkness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia5DtRye5zs#t=962

Dean GTR with Seymours Duncans
Mesa Triple rectifier with Mesa 4x12 vintage 30's
Cab mic shure sm57

Yeah, that's all, that'd be dandy as shit. Surely marry you for nailing it. (you have option to choose not to) ;)

Still dig the cock out of your band, sheesh.

Hi jon, i found some hetfield isolated guitar and i wanted to make the tonematch and convert it to and ir block so ax8 users could use it, as you will probably know hetfield bends the diezel vh4 and the boogie together and the cab 4x12 rectifier i would be very grateful if you could do it, thanks

Back
Top Bottom