GuitarHack IRs in UltraRes Format

Thanks Cliff ! I notice that some of the original .wav files are quite long (many are bigger than 100 kb, even 200 kb) so I assume there is a big benefit for them. My question : for a small original file, like GuitarHack's "ThisOne" (13 kb in 44.01 khz), will there be some benefit too ? I assume the difference will be much less audible ?

Cliff, IF it's possible - after all we can wait for the updated Cab-Lab - would you convert that for us ? I compiled a small pack (14 IRs) of some of the most popular ones in the metal community, by GuitarHack (three IRs which are not in the pack you provided), Catharsis, Metalstatic, Noarin, Poidaobi etc... From all the threads I've read on Andy Sneap forum or guitarampmodeling.org, these are the most popular free IRs.
http://pages.intnet.mu/fremen/Patches/Popular_metal_IRs.rar
Thanks !

Would greatly appreciate these as well.

Man O' man... my hand is killing me from playing with this new firmware and ultra res cabs..... but the smile on my face is like ...

this>>>>
232703-300x225.jpg

Reactions: SHS
Thanks Cliff. I cannot believe how cool this company is. Really...thank you. It is inspiring to play on this equipment.

Any comments on how these sound? I haven't been able to try them yet. How do they compare to the standard IR's?

Any comments on how these sound? I haven't been able to try them yet. How do they compare to the standard IR's?

I'd say they're all a good bit brighter than the Basketweave TV that is a go-to for a lot of the heavier tones people are after (me absolutely included.)

But in addition to that, there's a very solid low-end. Check the thread where Cliff originally hinted at these, and he'll show you where in the low end the Ultra-Res IRs start to show improved accuracy, but I think it's in the sub-80Hz region. Previously I'd used a PEQ to beef up the low-end for my metal rhythm presets, and while it was gratifying, it didn't have that resonant feeling that an actual guitar cab has. With Ultra-Res IRs (and a few of the GuitarHack IRs, in particular,) I'm turning off the PEQ and letting the natural resonance of the IR ring through.

That said, I think whatever was done in 12.04b to improve the low-res behavior of the entire amp model was absolutely critical to the Ultra-Res IRs doing what they now do so well.

It is definitely worth the time to load all of the IRs that came with the V13 firmware and the GuitarHack IRs into user slots. It may take a little getting used to (and perhaps pulling out a little high-end,) but they definitely "feel" more real!

I actually did one of my Marshall's the other day for the first time before the upgrade. I had left everything setup as is (out of pure laziness). Today I re-ran the process again today. I was surprised how much more depth and bottom end was captured without hurting the top end. It was very obvious difference (in a positive way).

It should definitely help bridge the gap of setting presets up at "home" virtually vs. having to go work with the real cabinet in the studio to tweak my live setup. Being I use a real power amp and guitar cabinet live. So in theory it's like simulating my live rig.

I can't wait get back to the studio and prove it out, but my preliminary test at home has been promising. The real test is always with the full band, it's a very different dynamic (as most of you know). I can't really open the amp up in my apartment. I just can't do that to most of my neighbors, even thou there are some that should be punished (but that's another story...).

Can't believe that's true because fractals work really future sighted...
especially all the work they had when they did the IR's a while ago.

Can't believe that's true because fractals work really future sighted...
especially all the work they had when they did the IR's a while ago.

Cliff has said they will not work, not a long enough capture. They are headed back into the studio soon.

Sent from my iPhone

"Gesundheit" :lol

Merci viumau Cliff, probieri hütt emau uus......

@fremen: Meeaouw!!!:encouragement:

PS: I'm pretty sure Clark will come over with the perfect UltraRes-IR (because he can) soon...

Und? Hesch die guet gfunde? Isch es öppis, chamer die bruuche?

:)

Back
Top Bottom