GuitarHack IRs in UltraRes Format

I am completely floored at how the entire user community has responded to the UR's by sharing as well as converting.

The user community is just icing on the cake to an already amazing product that has almost constant and steady improvements and a company that responds to the user base. Haven't quite ever seen that to the same degree in ANY industry.

Here is everything in that .rar converted to UltraRes, including the .ir files and the XL versions too.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8842902/Popular_metal_IRs_UltraRes.rar

Guitar Hack ThisOne.wav was stereo so CabLab could not convert it as is.

I split it into two mono files, .L and .R so there are two IR's for that one.
Thanks for this ! After testing your ThisOne conversion, it's obvious that mine is not good, don't know what happened but it's too scooped and doesn't sound the same at all. But, using a Redwirez IR, I was able to bring some mids back. It doesn't sound the same, but it's another IR, so more choices...

Here's a tip for all those who find those metal IRs too scooped (many IRs from Alu, GuitarHack etc are like that) : use a Redwirez IR of the same cab (most of the time Mesa V30), M160 microphone, cone 0inch position and mix to taste in cab-lab (usually between -2 and -6). It's awesome what this little fix can do

EDIT : I should have used Wavelab instead of Soundforge to convert stereo IRs to mono. Now it's all good, I'm having fun mixing many GuitarHack IRs with the Redwirez Mesa V30 M160 mic

Last edited:
Does anyone have the 'GuitarHack FRED' files in .ir or .wav format?
I think there are three of them ('0', 'Center', 'Half')....something like that.

They were in the GuitarHack Zip that Cliff provided us....but that is the .syx file.
I'm looking for the .ir or .wav files so that I can mix them in Cab Lab.

I went through all the zip and rar files in this thread, but I don't seem to find it.
Apologies if I'm just blind and it's already in this thread somewhere.

Thanks....

They were in the GuitarHack Zip that Cliff provided us....but that is the .syx file.

I went through all the zip and rar files in this thread, but I don't seem to find it.

Thanks....

I think I have the originals.

But they are in stereo, like ThisOne.wav.

I posted a thread to see what the proper conversion is to mono.

CabLab needs mono files as input for converting to UltraRes.

Thanks....
you mean GuitarHack Fredman Angled -5, GuitarHack Fredman Angled -10 and GuitarHack Fredman Angled -20 ? I do have them, I converted every stereo GuitarHack files in .ir and .wav (.syx too of course)

you mean GuitarHack Fredman Angled -5, GuitarHack Fredman Angled -10 and GuitarHack Fredman Angled -20 ? I do have them, I converted every stereo GuitarHack files in .ir and .wav (.syx too of course)

This one:

Trying to get it in a .wav or .ir so I can mix it in Cab Lab

Attachments

• GuitarHack JJ FRED45-HALF.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 44
Bahrecords? Just wondering, is there a difference in the ir of Guitar Hack This One L vs R?

I'm not sure yet.

I'm trying to get some clarity on another thread in regards to stereo IR.wav files. IR.wav files are not audio per se, so I'm still not sure on the implications of stereo to mono conversion.

A gift for you guys :

1) some popular IRs for metal converted to ultrares, including "ThisOne" (in next post)
2) some popular IRs that I tweaked to make them warmer, rounder, less scooped - but in Hi res, not ultrares this time, as I used an Ultra as an impulse loader, to capture them with the Axe II

Thank you Sir for sharing :)

Every version of "ThisOne" sounds different in this thread ... which used the proper "original" to convert from?

I did but it's stereo so you have to use the L and R versions in two cabs panned center to get the original effect.

Also remember the conversion to UR can expose more from the .wav file and might sound different just based on using more of the .wav file vs. truncating it.

Okay cool, I guess we have to wait for a proper stereo ultra res option to fix our little problem here ...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

S-pres high is quite popular in the Andy Sneap forum, but other IRs by Catharsis are also very good, here's my personal selection :

Attachments

• Catharsis 1-06.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Catharsis 1on-pres8.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Catharsis 1on-preshigh.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Catharsis 2-06.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Catharsis 2off-pres5.syx
  • Catharsis 2off-pres8.syx
  • Catharsis 2off-preshigh.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Catharsis s-preshigh.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 69
and some more. They may need some HPF, but the mids are very strong here

Attachments

• Catharsis Recto cab.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Catharsis s-pres8.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Catharsis 1on-pres5.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Catharsis awesome1.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 61
F.Y.I the ones cliff converted sounds different than the converted GuitarHack impulses in the 7deadlysins Impulse Pack - UltraRes.rar from axefx.fr. I personally preferred the 7deadly version. I wonder why the two conversions sound so different from one another? Are the GuitarHack impulses in stereo or something?

Back
Top Bottom