GuitarHack IRs in UltraRes Format

Thanks Cliff ! I notice that some of the original .wav files are quite long (many are bigger than 100 kb, even 200 kb) so I assume there is a big benefit for them. My question : for a small original file, like GuitarHack's "ThisOne" (13 kb in 44.01 khz), will there be some benefit too ? I assume the difference will be much less audible ?

Cliff, IF it's possible - after all we can wait for the updated Cab-Lab - would you convert that for us ? I compiled a small pack (14 IRs) of some of the most popular ones in the metal community, by GuitarHack (three IRs which are not in the pack you provided), Catharsis, Metalstatic, Noarin, Poidaobi etc... From all the threads I've read on Andy Sneap forum or guitarampmodeling.org, these are the most popular free IRs.
http://pages.intnet.mu/fremen/Patches/Popular_metal_IRs.rar
Thanks !

I've converted all these to Ultra Res but the "Guitar Hack ThisOne.wav" file. It didn't convert but I'm guessing I need to SRC to 48k?

A gift for you guys :

1) some popular IRs for metal converted to ultrares, including "ThisOne" (in next post)
2) some popular IRs that I tweaked to make them warmer, rounder, less scooped - but in Hi res, not ultrares this time, as I used an Ultra as an impulse loader, to capture them with the Axe II

Attachments

• Alu Framus 4x12 V30 57 01.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Alu Mesa OS V30 Edge Sneap 01.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Alu Mesa OS V30 Edge Sneap 02.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 121
  • ASEM RECTO 2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 115
  • ASEM Recto V30 L2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 118
  • AWESOME 2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Catharsis Awesometime S-Pres Hi.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 121
  • GH BETWEEN 45 2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
and some more (couldn't put them in a zip file)

Attachments

• GH EDGE 45 2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 95
  • GH FREDMAN 2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 98
  • GH ThisOne Ultrares.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Guitar Hack Final !.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Metalstatic Recto ORG More Pres.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 112
  • THIS ONE 2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 111
  • THIS ONE AXE 3 SMOOTH.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Noarin Diezel V30 SM57 Soldano.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 116
A gift for you guys :

1) some popular IRs for metal converted to ultrares, including "ThisOne" (in next post)
2) some popular IRs that I tweaked to make them warmer, rounder, less scooped - but in Hi res, not ultrares this time, as I used an Ultra as an impulse loader, to capture them with the Axe II

YES! Been trying to find s-pres hi FOREVER!!!!!!!!

awesome thank you the Asem Recto is a great one I can't wait to hear some of these (ThisOne) is a very popular one on here
thanks!

Those with the name in all caps like "THIS ONE 2" are hi res, the others like "guitar hack final!" are ultrares

Fremen, I just tried these and they are great!
The new ThisOne ultrarez IR does sound quite different to the 'Thisonev30' IR I was using....
Do you know how they could be so different?
The new UR one sounds a bit brighter and more scooped...
I posted the ThisOne IR that I used in my Metallica thread a while ago....

Fremen, I just tried these and they are great!
The new ThisOne ultrarez IR does sound quite different to the 'Thisonev30' IR I was using....
Do you know how they could be so different?
The new UR one sounds a bit brighter and more scooped...
I posted the ThisOne IR that I used in my Metallica thread a while ago....
No idea why they would sound different, the original IR is not long, 28 ms if I recall well... I didn't test it yet as I wasn't playing these last days but I will today or tomorrow

Thanks Cliff ! I notice that some of the original .wav files are quite long (many are bigger than 100 kb, even 200 kb) so I assume there is a big benefit for them. My question : for a small original file, like GuitarHack's "ThisOne" (13 kb in 44.01 khz), will there be some benefit too ? I assume the difference will be much less audible ?

Cliff, IF it's possible - after all we can wait for the updated Cab-Lab - would you convert that for us ? I compiled a small pack (14 IRs) of some of the most popular ones in the metal community, by GuitarHack (three IRs which are not in the pack you provided), Catharsis, Metalstatic, Noarin, Poidaobi etc... From all the threads I've read on Andy Sneap forum or guitarampmodeling.org, these are the most popular free IRs.
http://pages.intnet.mu/fremen/Patches/Popular_metal_IRs.rar
Thanks !

Here is everything in that .rar converted to UltraRes, including the .ir files and the XL versions too.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8842902/Popular_metal_IRs_UltraRes.rar

Guitar Hack ThisOne.wav was stereo so CabLab could not convert it as is.

I split it into two mono files, .L and .R so there are two IR's for that one.

Back
Top Bottom