Guitar you're playing?

Usually one of these, but I've acquired more since then. :)

c36eda02.jpg

I'm guessing you dig Hamer's:) ?

Last edited:
+1 on this.

My Stevenson Pop Classic is by far THE best guitar I've ever played. I've tried many high-end boutique guitars often far above the cost of my Stevenson and I keep coming back to it for the tone, playability and comfort.

Ted is currently building me a 24 Frets PWE Future 6 which will fullfill all my needs for a 24 guitar.

Ted definitely deserves a lot more recognition for his work although he seems to be getting a lot of popularity for his Event Horizon amplifiers lately.

Another Stevenson player - nice to meet you!!

I agree, Ted definitely builds excellent guitars, and does deserve more recognition. I always take the opportunity to talk about the quality of his instruments and his attention to detail.

You'll have to let us know how you like the future 6 when you get - I have no doubt you'll be blown away!

As one other player said, I have devolved to the point where I have less talent than sense :?, but my favorite is a PRS McCarty. Is is just enough of a cross between a Les Paul and a Strat (coil taps) that it works for me. Neck feels great as well. It is one of my 'ugly sisters', the other being a plain McCarty P-90 gold top. No birds, no artist, no nuthin'. I still have a few PRS's, and a couple of Artist models, but these are the core of my collection (25 down to about 18 ). I think of them as players, and not collectors.

Pete

I dig the McCarty for the same reason and I setup my main guitar that way - 2 HB and coil taps for both Les Paul and Tele sounds. Your P90 goldtop sounds nice - nothing fancy!

I agree, Ted definitely builds excellent guitars, and does deserve more recognition. I always take the opportunity to talk about the quality of his instruments and his attention to detail.

+1 to that. His amps are also second to none. I've owned and played several great boutique amps (currently have a bogner xtc and shiva) but for me, although they are truly great amps, I still prefer my PWE Particle Smasher for balls to the walls rock tone. When I got it I was thinking about getting a Badger, but when I heard the PWE the decision was made :)

Use the PRS most but just recently took the Donnie out of storage to try thru the Axe-Fx II. Really liking the combination!

Attachments

• Donnie.JPG
    Donnie.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 20
  • prs artist.JPG
    prs artist.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 18
Another Stevenson player - nice to meet you!!

You'll have to let us know how you like the future 6 when you get - I have no doubt you'll be blown away!

Glad to know there are some other Stevenson/PWE players like me on this forum! Nice to meet you as well :)

I will definitely be posting about my PWE Future 6 when I receive it.

After a long time as a PRS junkie, I've since turned to EBMM. The green Axis gets the most love though I have a couple of groovy Rosewood Super Sports as well. Still have a few PRS (20th Anny SC, Cu24 w/Rosewood neck & a couple of CEs) but they don't get much play behind the EBMMs.

axis_full1.jpg

the_twins.jpg

+1 to that. His amps are also second to none. I've owned and played several great boutique amps (currently have a bogner xtc and shiva) but for me, although they are truly great amps, I still prefer my PWE Particle Smasher for balls to the walls rock tone. When I got it I was thinking about getting a Badger, but when I heard the PWE the decision was made :)

I wonder if we can get Cliff to do PWE Particle Smasher model ?!!

Glad to know there are some other Stevenson/PWE players like me on this forum! Nice to meet you as well :)

I will definitely be posting about my PWE Future 6 when I receive it.

We definitely will need some picture of the Future 6 when you get it :)

I see you're in Montreal - if you see Ted, tell him I said hello!

I went through many guitars but kept coming back to ESP Eclipse - white with EMG HB3 Blackouts. Heavy guitar but the tone and sustain is wonderful! Backup is LP 1960 reissue with Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups. Had the pickups replaced and will pick up today. Can't wait!

I love my Eclipse. I play it 80% of the time... the rest of the time it's a Gibson Explorer.

The guitar in the pic, is this a modded RG 2027?
I've one myself and it's the main guitar for my own band.

I'll chime in with pics later.

Oi, Sebastian! Where's that RG2027X?!

I'm guessing it looks a bit nicer than my RG2127X. :lol

My most used for performing is a Carvin DC-400. It has a Wilkenson trem, jumbo SS frets, and a piezo. Has two stock Carvin humbuckers, with coil splitters so I can choose either pu for single coil or double coil. The most versatile electric guitar I own. For performance, I also use a PRS Hollowbody II, a Carvin AE-185-12 String, a Heritage 555, and a PRS custom 24. Guitar choice depends on the song. For recording, I use the same guitars, or a few others I have collected over the years, again it depends on the song.

d.jpg

From left to right, Custom shop Axcess with Suhr Aldrich pups, Billy Morrison sig with Suhr Aldrich pups, Buckethead sig with Suhr Aldrich pups, Old Standard with Bareknuckle Mule pups, Les Paul Voodoo with Bareknuckle Warpig pups and a Voodoo SG stock.

Edit: I really need to take some good pics!

I've been stuck on Ibanez since the late 80's after I got my first 550(yellow) since then Ibanez 540 Radius,550 anniverary ,Js 1000,Js 1200,350 yellow ,total mod,Epi black beauty and 4 guitars I made from scratch. Main guitar is Js 1200 with gravity storm pickups

Back
Top Bottom