Guitar with Floyd Rose and rounded neck?

holgar

Inspired
Hi all,
since the Archean Bright works so well, I find my self playing lead a lot. That makes me think about buying a guitar with a Floyd Rose trem again. In the 90th I had an Aria Pro II Mega Metal Stage III and a Hamer Chaparral HSS and both had a Floyd and a chunky rounded neck. The Hamer is broke and the Aria lost.
Is there a cheap alternative with a rounded neck on the market? I prefer a new two pickup model. Second hand there are only skinny LTD, Jackson and Ibanez guitars to find in my area. Thanx for your advice.

Edit: Price below 1k $/€ would be nice.

Last edited:
Most Guitars with Floyd Rose systems have thinner necks.
What's your budget?
I would try a Carvel San Dimas etc. they have more rounder Fender like necks.
Another choice could be a PRS PRS/SE with a Floyd Rose.

Cheers
Sash

A little more than your budget, but the best deal going for that type of guitar right now is Chubtone guitars. You can order a super strat style guitar with Floyd and any neck profile you want, on par with Charvel custom shop quality for right around 1600 bucks......well worth the dough.

I have two Warmoth necks with a Floyd nut and a 59 Les Paul profile which are quite chunky, and put them on two Strat bodies. Will cost between 300 - 500 depending on how fancy you want it. These are Fender Custom Shop quality necks.

Last edited:
Mexican Floyd Strat, The Dave Murry Strat. Very early Kramer Focus Have a HUGE neck. Other than that a Warmoth neck cut for a Floyd is a great way to go.

I have two Warmoth necks with a Floyd nut and a 59 Les Paul profile which are quite chunky, and put them on two Strat bodies. Will cost between 300 - 500 depending on how fancy you want it. These are Fender Custom Shop quality necks.
I should note both necks are Conversion necks which changes the scale to 24.75. So you got a neck that feels like it came off a vintage LP married to a Strat body. Both Strats are rear routed (no pickguard). One has a Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge and a Dimarzio in the neck, The other has a set of P-Rails.C3971985-7284-48CD-85B7-6337CFC972CE_1_201_a.jpeg904B7F32-3E61-4DE2-A5B4-B01C987889D1_1_201_a.jpeg

You might find a Hamer Diablo for a decent price used. I love mine, stays in tune like a dream

I've picked up one of the EVH Striped series, ok only one pickup - but whilst not a chunky neck, certainly more rounded than most.

Absolutely love this thing - exceptional bang for the buck I think

I think he probably wants something a bit thicker than that , but they are nice.

Yeah, fair enough. But I once sold it and was able to get it back because the buyer thought the neck was too thick and rounded, being a fan of Ibanez necks

Yeah, fair enough. But I once sold it and was able to get it back because the buyer thought the neck was too thick and rounded, being a fan of Ibanez necks
There has literally only been one production guitar with a thinner neck than the Ibanez Wizard profile (ever.) It was Designed by the same guy. Yamaha Pacifica 1212 Rick Lasner.

Thank you for the good advice. I often had the Hamer in my hands because I liked the green colour so much, but the switch is very awkwardly located for me.
The "Limited Player" Strat can be kept Fender. I also have my pride ;-)
But I will keep the Murray Strat in my head.

Now a used Charvel So Cal is on its way to me. The seller said it has a strong, rounded neck. It won't be as fat as my No Neck Custom Shop Strat, of course, but for playing at home I should be fine with it.
I'll let myself be surprised.

Back
Top Bottom