Guitar Wing!!!

BTW, it’s really fun to use GW to control stuff like Tremolo Rate, or Whammy Pitch.

Next thing I'm going to try is using it with Jam Origin MIDI Guitar.

Last edited:
From the news section of Jam Origins site announced yesterday:

We plan to release the following products in 2015:
1.MIDI Guitar 2.0.
This update will be free for all customers.
The App Store/Mac Store cousins MIDI Guitar for iOS and MIDI Guitar for Garageband might get an update too.
2.MIDI Bass 0.2 BETA.
Tracking and performance improvements, plus most of the new features of MG 2.0.
3.MIDI Violin 0.1 BETA.
More info will be available via our mailing list.
4.And one more thing… a new kind of thing… for guitarists.

I wish FAS could license the Midi Guitar tech and include it as an effects block in the axe- its probably not possible with current hardware? but would be a great a wish list item for the Axe III

I've been using Midi Pipe to communicate with the AXE-FX thru my laptop to see how it would work before I bought the USB Hub. I agree with Yek on how cool it is to control the Whammy parameters with the touch pads and to play with the oscillating delays but sometimes the connection just drops. Dunno if its too much Midi info or what but it has potential and hopefully it continues to develop. The release of the editor has been a big plus! I plan to see how it works with Ableton now that I can program it. Fun times but not yet ready for the stage.

Reactions: yek
The Guitar Wing just got an firmware update that supports direct connect to IOS devices via Bluetooth with no extra hardware! I'll have to dig mine back out and give it a try :)

I updated mine yesterday. I haven't messed with it yet. I was hoping to use it with the Amplifire but for some reason there's a connection problem between it and the usb host. Oh well, tonight I plan to use my soft synths but as far as I can tell it works. Pretty cool!

I guess it depends on the type of music you make but I have my hands too busy to switch between pickups. I've literally designed my live sounds to use just my bridge pickup on the PRS because of this. :)

I guess it depends on the type of music you make but I have my hands too busy to switch between pickups. I've literally designed my live sounds to use just my bridge pickup on the PRS because of this. :)

I feel the same way, but part of me loves the option coupled with the challenge!

Were you guys that have it in hand part of the kick starter? I ordered mine through Sweetwater just after the kick starter closed and it was supposed to be here many weeks ago but but the release was delayed several times. I suppose I should be getting a call shortly. This thing could be really useful for me since I cannot use pedals.

I already ordered and received my USB MIDI host from Kenton in preparation.

zVw2HLD.jpg
Did you ever get this thing and the wing working?

Managed to remap this with Bome Midi Translator. The sliders now mapped to external controller 2-4 and the pads to external controller 5-8. I'm toying with the idea of putting the motion sensor to external controllers 9-11.

The buttons on the top and side select scenes 1-8, while the arrow keys are mapped to vol increment/decrement.

So far so good, trying to fund a practical use the the sliders, but for now it's fun walking around practicing with the wireless and being able to switch tones. :)

Do you think it would be possible to use without your computer and some kind of midi translator box hooked to the Axe FX midi in port?

Back
Top Bottom