Guitar volume roll-off

steve_k

Inspired
Still trying to sort this on a couple of presets. Guitar volume roll-off on some of the mid-higher gain presets I am working with results in a bit of scratchiness and crackle. Is there a target parameter to go after in the amp set up or is it more an impedance issue between Axe and guitar?

Thanks,
Steve

Agree as Hubertus stated, I would suspect the guitar hardware, the higher gain amps will just allow you to hear it alot more. Time for some potentiometer cleaner!

That's simply the Axe-Fx amplifying noise from the pot. You need to clean or replace the pot.

+1 for Deoxit. Just got a 2007 R0 that was new, pristine, great sounding, great looker, great player - but had noisy pots, probably from hanging on the dealer's wall for 7 years without the wipers moving. Deoxit fixed it instantly.

I'm assuming you can spray this stuff into scratchy pickup selector switches too? I seem to have that problem on a few guitars.

Not when the pot is being turned. At low volume. Thanks for the replies but I need to be looking deeper than that.

What kind of guitar and pickups? Cable?

I roll off volume to clean up more than i use clean amps. Works like it should with all my guitars.

2 Suhr, 2 yamaha, Les Paul, Strat, Axis, JTV Variax. Also the Luke III (now sold)

Time to record some of that, either video or just audio... post it here and we'll have a go at diagnosing the issue.

You might be hearing cross over distortion (which has been talked about a lot in other threads). The short version is that it's a normal part of tube amp sounds and you either live with it or go and tweak the Grid Modeling parameter in the advanced panel.

Back
Top Bottom