Guitar tone Within Temptation

sgilsinger

Inspired
Does anyone have a tonematch or can suggest how I can get the guitar sound from the band Within Temptation? Any help is appreciated

I've once heard them do a line check as openers to Iron Maiden in 2008 and I thought hearing what a god awful guitar tone. Worst metal guitar tone EVER!!! But I had to admit, within the overall mix it sat really well. Taught me something about the difference between having the perfect bedroom tone and having a tone that sits well in a mix. I occasionally use this story to enlighten obstinate guitarists who complain they can't be heard in a mix.

I've once heard them do a line check as openers to Iron Maiden in 2008 and I thought hearing what a god awful guitar tone. Worst metal guitar tone EVER!!! But I had to admit, within the overall mix it sat really well. Taught me something about the difference between having the perfect bedroom tone and having a tone that sits well in a mix. I occasionally use this story to enlighten obstinate guitarists who complain they can't be heard in a mix.
I like the sound from their live shows when they played with the orchestra

There's a possibility they're running direct to the PA so no cabs. The guitar tone sounds like pretty typical scooped metal tone so I'd bet that they're using a Mesa 4x12 impulse. Try the Recto 4x12 IRs

I had the same experience last time I saw Within Temptation. When they were warming up the gear the guitar tech hit a chord and I though "oh goodness that's awful". Sounded great in the mix though.

Sounded great in the mix though.

There could've been a bunch of EQ applied between the tech hitting that chord and them playing. When I do sound the first song can be a bit hit and miss as I frantically dial in appropriate EQ and levels for everything. Now that I can hear it in context.

Back
Top Bottom