Guitar tone routing help

Im re amping some guitars for a friend. Hes using Ormsby guitars and focus rite DI.
even tho it hes not clipping it sure sounds like he is when the Re amping process begins. According to my VU Meters, the Input and Out put are fine. Something is not right and its driving me nuts no matter how much I tweak the sound it either sounds really flabby or thin.
If anyone else has experienced these matters, please check the audio link below

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 7.10.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 7.10.08 PM.png
    219.6 KB · Views: 4
It’s impossible to say what the problem is without a lot more information. But are you saying you plug a guitar into your AxeFX and play that preset and it sounds different than when you reamp? If so, I would check to make sure the input level of the DI coming into the AxeFX is the same as when you use a guitar. You don’t want it to be “fine”, you want it to be the same as when you use a guitar as input.

P.S. your input connections in Cubase are not correct for recording a DI. Your wet and dry are using the same channels.

Last edited:
Im not using MY guitar at all. Im sending the guitar players DI just like the photo attached. I want to make sure my axe settings are all good. Ive watched videos on re amping USB and their not very detailed. What other questions do you have? id be happy to answer them

Sure but if you don’t know what that preset is supposed to sound like when played with a guitar, how do you know anything is wrong? Anyway my advice above still holds as the most important thing to check. Other things to check include making sure the DI sounds ok and make sure you’re sending the DI, not the wet, to the AxeFX.

so my audio file and picture is irrelevant ? the DI sounds fine until I put it through the axe fx. The it sounds like the gain is maxed out, when I turn it down it just sounds weak.This goes for 10 / 15 different heads and cabs we recorded with a high end guitar and DI so I'm pretty sure something in the Axe is wrong. Ive sat here and turned knobs back and forth on the face of it and nothing really changes the sound. I posted a pic of my routing in Cubase incase that's the issue

i wouldn’t say irrelevant, but that’s just two small pieces of a large puzzle, so it doesn’t help much. You need to start by making sure the big pieces are ok. For example, play a guitar through your AxeFX and make sure that sounds ok. Then record that into Cubase and make sure that sounds ok. Only after you’ve done that, proceed to processing and recording a DI. When you get to that stage, review my advice above.

It’s impossible to say what the problem is without a lot more information. But are you saying you plug a guitar into your AxeFX and play that preset and it sounds different than when you reamp? If so, I would check to make sure the input level of the DI coming into the AxeFX is the same as when you use a guitar. You don’t want it to be “fine”, you want it to be the same as when you use a guitar as input.

P.S. your input connections in Cubase are not correct for recording a DI. Your wet and dry are using the same channels.
how should they be routed? Also Im using very good headphones BeyerDynamics with a very flat sound

Back
Top Bottom