Guitar Piezo?

claxor

Power User
Has anyone here ever tried to tone match their guitar's piezo pickup?

I ask, because if you can, I wonder if you can just use any electric guitar pickup into the TM block to get that piezo sound. If so, then with an piezo tone match and a acoustic guitar body tone match (into a user cab), you could use any guitar w/out a piezo and it will sound like an acoustic!

What do you think?

how is that different than just trying to tone match an electric to an acoustic guitar sound?

See, piezo's sound like poop generally. You should hear what happens when I play my Parker Fly through my Axe using the "Tommy" preset I posted on Axe change and then bypass the Axe. Yuck. The plain piezo, in all of it's "glory" is rather horrible. Better to select which pickups gives you the flattest, most "acoustic" tonality, and then tone match that to your ideal acoustic sound. You won't even need the guitar body IR. (Or you can blend that in a bit).

It may take a few tries. Make sure you select a mono input for both the reference and the matched signal. Try to get as dry a guitar as possible. Best is to tone match to a high quality recording, unless you have a great acoustic, great mic and preamps at home or in an available studio. In which case, that'd be even better as you could then play the same thing on both guitars for a most accurate match.

Have fun!

Hi, I remember a member posted a link of pro recorded acoustic wave files. Unfortunately, I can't remember who it was Anyone?

i went back to an old earthworks mic IR and for some reason, it now sounds really really good with v13. i didn't like it at all before.

Back
Top Bottom